Anyone else had a bad day

davej1981

Just got back from a session, had a few fish to 12lb but then it all started going wrong. Hooked a good fish that bolted and came of. Shipped in to find the rig complete with elastic gone. Pulled out another topkit on went another rig had a few more fish until and broke the pole down at the number 4 to find a nice slice of carbon coming off on the inside. Packed up at the point as im not confident the number will hold out much longer. Cant afford to repair the section and tbh its over 20yrs old. Sold all my rods except for a feeder rod last year when i hit money problems. Looks like ill be spending alot of time method or bomb fishing now, although as i found today its not the best of methods at the venue. Feel like giving up now

rudd

Site Supporter
Just got back from a session, had a few fish to 12lb but then it all started going wrong. Hooked a good fish that bolted and came of. Shipped in to find the rig complete with elastic gone. Pulled out another topkit on went another rig had a few more fish until and broke the pole down at the number 4 to find a nice slice of carbon coming off on the inside. Packed up at the point as im not confident the number will hold out much longer. Cant afford to repair the section and tbh its over 20yrs old. Sold all my rods except for a feeder rod last year when i hit money problems. Looks like ill be spending alot of time method or bomb fishing now, although as i found today its not the best of methods at the venue. Feel like giving up now
Can you make a shim to fit and glue into (or over) no4?

If near Ipswich/ Felixstowe I have a float set up you can have.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
What pole is it Dave ? Maybe someone on here may have one. 🤷‍♂️

Thought I was having a rough day when the MAF sensor on my van packed in this morning. 85 quid later and we are back up and running. 🙄

satinet

Site Supporter
Post a picture of the damage. Probably fixable.

I'm sure people on here can find you some gear. Bit far from me.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
If it's any consolation I have a lot of worries but always remember they're transient and will sort themselves out eventually. As said hopefully you can sort something out.