Anyone caught up in the Thomas Cook issue?

IanG1

Site Supporter
Not my personally but my folks are booked on flights through TC in October to see my Brother in Australia for his 50th.
Anyone else caught up?

Wise Owl

Account Locked
We got a holiday Booked for next year but like owt else mate it is what it is worrying about what might be wont get ya nowhere so lets see what happens.

brian carragher

Site Supporter
We booked with Thomas Cook via travel agent and went away in May, rumours at that time that TC were in serious trouble then, apparently the charter airline side of the business is strong but the holiday package side is in trouble so your flights should be safe as I think they're separate companies owned by the TC group

Dusty

I’ve got a holiday booked with Onthebeach next month flying with Thomas Cook.. I haven’t had any emails to suggest there are any issues.

Fingers crossed

Simon R

Site Supporter
My girlfriends cousin is due to fly out to Tenerife on Tuesday - whole family going (20 odd of them) for cousins son's wedding and her 50th birthday.

I don't think the link I sent for "Things to do and see around Gatwick" was too well received :devilish::p

Simon

baboboy

Site Supporter
Not my personally but my folks are booked on flights through TC in October to see my Brother in Australia for his 50th.
Anyone else caught up?
Hopefully all will be well TC planes do not go to Australia. No doubt they would have booked through another carrier. As long as TC have paid the 3rd party that is.

Wise Owl

Account Locked
Our Gert said if we cant go and get our Money back where we gonna go instead ? i said to Thomsons :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

floatfisher

Site Supporter
10pm News tonight said they've gone into administration and six other airlines have been told by the government to prepare to bring back holidaymakers from abroad.

neil fallows

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
We were in Madeira when Monarch went bust. As reports coming out already we were made to pay the hotel bill again as they got the police and locked us in. Luckily we had the £900 but many people won't.

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Wife booked a week for next summer with them to Turkey for her & grandkids. She's only paid just over £100 deposit though so she's not too bothered.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
It always pays to take a credit card with you on holiday, not to use but there in case of emergencies or situations such as this.
Just about anyone can get a credit card now regardless of credit score. Fair enough the interest rates are phenomenal on some but you most likely wouldn't need to use it and if you do it's better than being stranded abroad

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Also, on the same theme re credit cards, if you pay a deposit or for the holiday on one, it's the credit card company you are dealing with and if in situations like this the travel company goes bust, the onus is on the credit card company to refund you, not the travel company. So effectively your deposit and payment is safe.
Pay on the credit card and then settle the card statement when it comes in so not to incur interest.

Same for all purchases where you are not walking out of the shop with the goods in hand.

templegater

Site Supporter
Stuck in greece with no news yet. They say we will be flown home but may be different time/date to the one booked. Not sure what will happen at the moment expecting chaos at the airport but could be in a worse place i suppose.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter

frankg

Site Supporter
My wife works for Thomas Cook at Palma Airport (Mallorca)....she was on BBC World News yesterday :)