Anyinfo

Status
Not open for further replies.

granjuiceymoose

'Grinch'
Hello all. Just wondering if anyone knows anything about a little pond near Skelton, North Yorkshire. Its next to the main road on the opposite side of the road to the waterfalls in the woods when goin to Saltburn (walking) and they are building a new housing estate next to it. It has two little islands in the middle and thats about all i know. Anyone know of it any fish in it? Anything would help?
Cheers

GJM [8D]

Tight lines [:D]

granjuiceymoose

'Grinch'

Think thats a Map

Simon R

Site Supporter
It used to be stuffed with fish (tench and perch mainly) and was a cracking little pond.

It was fished by the local police club (and invited guests [;)])but when the lease expired (must have been 3 or 4 years ago now) they were not able to renew it.

The fish were removed to another local venue (off the top of my head I can't remember where) and due to the new housing estate the little stream which used to serve it has been severed and its slowly drying up.

I expect there will still be some fish left in it and I don't suppose anybody will bother you if you decide to have a go at fishing it. I think the long-term plans for the new housing estate mean that it'll be covered in concrete and tarmac soon anyway(unless they find some great-crested newts or something similar in it)

Anyone know where we can get a bucketful of newts from? [:D][;)]

Tight Lines

Simon

orvil

yer simon`s right i use to fish it a lot of years ago.300lb and over in a night session no bother .there was a lot of big golden tench in there as well .the only swim was the one we had made our self`s .until one day a couple of nice gentlemen turfed us off with the help of a double barrel shotgun. some how we did`nt bother going back any more .but i think i heard that the police are leaseing it now but check it out (but dont forget to duck )

carpbob3

I know a place you can get the newts from its in leeds just off of whithall road theres a little pond there ..... the owners want to fill it in but guess what ITS GOT A PRESERVATION ORDER ON IT so they are not happy bunnies. Its not a bad little pond but its mianly roach that come out of there ....... unfortunatly it got polluted early last year and there was dead carp and pike seen. i witnessed a carp of about 16-20lb dead in the water ..... and yes i did report it to the EA but they never got back to me

granjuiceymoose

'Grinch'
Cheers everyone will go over tonight and have a look! Might also discover a newt or two [;)]

Status
Not open for further replies.