Any TV gurus out there?

muskrat

Havin' a Waggle
Site Supporter
A family friend (old lady) had a problem with her TV. There is a co-ax splitter going in to the back and it had been joined with sticky tape! - It got disturbed and the signal disappeared. I have re-terminated the cables properly and reconnected them to the splitter. It now shows the signal quality as "Good". I then did an auto-tune on the tv and got back 58 freeview channels. But no BBC channels!
It previously had BBC channels OK, and she has two other TVs that still get BBC channels OK.
I tried the Digital Manual Tune option and it apparently found 14 progs on channel 25. But none of them are BBC channels eitrher.
I ain't a telly expert. Any suggestions are welcome. TIA

Somersetlad

Take the splitter out of circuit. Aerial, feeder, straight into the tv, does that fix it? If no try another Tv at that point if no, something's up with the aerial/feeder - maybe water penetration into the feeder. Is there an amplifier somewhere in circuit to feed multiple rooms, mine is in the loft - are the connections good. I've seen cables extended by twisting them together then wrapping with insulting tape - never a good idea. All the bbc channels are on the same multiplex, so you will lose the lot, if the signal quality is poor at that frequency, some tv's may just be more sensitive.

62tucker

Site Supporter
Just about to say.
Try other tv at that point
Try that tv and a working point.

silversonly

Lack of of just BBC channels I have had and it was a bad connection on the coax plug, best to strip back main feed coax so you know all is good and re do the plug and and retune, then start adding the splitter ect.