Any tips for tomorrow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe1987

'Darwener'
I should be going to Fickle hall Fisheries tomorrow in darwen. Its quite new, stocked november 2001 with carp, tench, roach, ide and pink rudd. there is 4lb tench in there but it will be way to cold for them! Carp are quite small 2lb-5lb, have i got a chance with them? Im using my newly boght pole (8m milo winch) and i thought for baits i could use trout pellets and crushed hemp with maggot as hookbait. Any good? I could use boilies ledgered but is there any point??? thanks

Toodlepip
**Joe-boy**

mookie

mookie
[:D][:D][:D]

Hi Joe -- I think the first thing would be to check to see if the fishery is frozen or not first..[;)]
Then the best option would be 'fish light' for bites to see if the fish want to feed l would use say 3lb ml and a 2lb bottom to see if the fish are interested with anything from 16 to 22 hook..barbless with pinkie to start...but dont over feed them with freebies otherwise you will kill the swim stone dead mate...ok...
If the fish are feeding maybe you could go up to 5lb ml with 3lb bottom....

Anyway whatever you do tightlines mate.....[:D]

You wont catch by staying at home !!!!!
[:D]

MOOKIE....[;)][;)]

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Whilst we're on the subject of tips, has anyone checked the Home Page lateley as we're running a serries of Tips for the Weekend

All contributions welcome as they'll be added to a seperate page as well [:)]

Cheers,

Dave

Matchlad

bye the sounds of is if u break the ice tomorrow i think the carp will be feeding i think pellets (mirco) and sweet corn feed overy lightly and see what u get

rob

im 15 the same age as u

Tight Lines Bend Poles

joe1987

'Darwener'
Thanks. It was worth going just to find out my new pole had a crack in the joint!!! I caught 1 roach im guessing this is because the lakes wer completly frozen over(1 inch thick ice) and i threw a brick on line for 15 minutes to break it!!! Water was bl*dd* freezing and my hands went numb after mixing my groundbait, (which i later found out before i chucked it in was banned!!!) So it wasnt my day and sally the dog was barking at me! Still i was happy with 1 roach
thanks for the tips.

Toodlepip
**Joe-boy**

Status
Not open for further replies.