Any Lymm A.C. members here this morning? Advice needed.

corkycat

I'm on the verge of joining Lymm A.C. and have have completed the application form, but am waiting for some info before I hit the Submit button. Can anyone tell me if the Club intends to open its stillwaters tomorrow or any day soon? The website is still showing its original "waters closed" banner. I am just a bit reluctant to go ahead until I know if some, or all of the venues will be re-opening. Many thanks in advance. Chris.

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Just had a look on their facebook page. Looks like they are opening tomorrow but haven't published the plan & opening rules yet.

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
Open tomorrow, government guidelines to be observed, also take hand sanitizer.
Also you will need to take toilet requirements with you, Read the rules before you click to join, Bailiffs do check, I am a bailiff for Lymm. When you get your card, put a photo in before you go on club waters, also make sure you have EA card and rules with you. Otherwise you will be asked to leave the water .
You maybe limited to waters you can fish unless you purchase an overstamp.
Any more info send me a pm.
It's a good club, varied waters with various types of fish.

corkycat

Open tomorrow, government guidelines to be observed, also take hand sanitizer.
Also you will need to take toilet requirements with you, Read the rules before you click to join, Bailiffs do check, I am a bailiff for Lymm. When you get your card, put a photo in before you go on club waters, also make sure you have EA card and rules with you. Otherwise you will be asked to leave the water .
You maybe limited to waters you can fish unless you purchase an overstamp.
Any more info send me a pm.
It's a good club, varied waters with various types of fish.
Many thanks warrington for your help. Hope to see you around.

corkycat

Wondering if you can give me a little more advice. I have joined the Club and printed of my Paypal receipt, however until I receive all the documentation I can only fish the waters where a key is not required. So in the meantime I am going to fish Farm Pool. The other problem is that I don't have any maggots at the moment - what would you suggest on that water? Corn/red worm perhaps? Or any other suggestion? Thanks again.

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
Corn will work on there also worm, park at the side of the gate, make sure you close it after you go through. Dont use the box on the notice board for arrival.
The pegs I usually fish are more or less in front of you.
Cast towards the island facing you ,there are some good tench in there,
Prawn is another good bait on there for the perch, Corn will catch the usual suspects plus possibly one of the resident carp in there,
Depth varies but not as I am aware over 4'
Grimsditch is another water you can fish, but that can be hit and miss at the moment.
Take photo ID with you ,if asked for licence or in your case paypal, also make sure you have rod licence on you, and toilet requirements ,easy one is 2 carrier bags, packet of pocket tissues and wet wipes. These will take up little space in bag or box. Also take hand sanitizer.

The part about photo ID is to prove who you are, when licence comes ,put photo in it, use a dab of glue not sellotape, that fades the ink on licence, and sign it. If no photo in or not signed you will be asked to leave the waters,
Same if no toilet requirements, you may not get asked about them, but you should be. Take them even if only day fishing ,its club rule,
Apart from that welcome to the club.
When you get your card, you can join the clubs forum.

corkycat

Corn will work on there also worm, park at the side of the gate, make sure you close it after you go through. Dont use the box on the notice board for arrival.
The pegs I usually fish are more or less in front of you.
Cast towards the island facing you ,there are some good tench in there,
Prawn is another good bait on there for the perch, Corn will catch the usual suspects plus possibly one of the resident carp in there,
Depth varies but not as I am aware over 4'
Grimsditch is another water you can fish, but that can be hit and miss at the moment.
Take photo ID with you ,if asked for licence or in your case paypal, also make sure you have rod licence on you, and toilet requirements ,easy one is 2 carrier bags, packet of pocket tissues and wet wipes. These will take up little space in bag or box. Also take hand sanitizer.

The part about photo ID is to prove who you are, when licence comes ,put photo in it, use a dab of glue not sellotape, that fades the ink on licence, and sign it. If no photo in or not signed you will be asked to leave the waters,
Same if no toilet requirements, you may not get asked about them, but you should be. Take them even if only day fishing ,its club rule,
Apart from that welcome to the club.
When you get your card, you can join the clubs forum.
Brilliant! Thanks again!

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
Brilliant! Thanks again!
Glad to help, any more questions let me know, I think you may be able to fish Founders pool on the golf course near Farm pool, it's the last pool at the top of the driveway on golf course, I will find out and post on here.

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
Founders is on an overstamp, can fish it from 16th june, unless you bought overstamp then can fish it now along with other premier waters when get gate key