Any link?

Northantslad

'Any indications?
We are on the verge of being world champions of Rugby and Cricket in the same year. With both sports originating from more well to do backgrounds it may be fair to say and as a result been well invested in, would it be any surprise that we are unlikely to add European champions at football next year, to these accolades?

160642fishing

Site Supporter
That might also have some bearing on the way rugby and cricket players respect referees decisions,as for the European championship my guess is semis at best.

dry nets

apprentice stormtrooper
Site Supporter
Someone’s having a laugh. Footballer need to act like men first.
Harry kane last Sunday ,,,,
And rugby players play on with broken bones
I rest my case.
While footballers act like they do I hope we never we a thing.
The FA need to grow a pair and ban players for cheating , at least 6 games. They’ll soon cut it out.

Sam Vimes

Site Supporter
It has more to do with the fact that a very limited number of nations play rugby or cricket to a decent standard than anything else.
To the most absurd extreme, it's akin to a USA based team winning the World Series and then claiming to be the world champions.
I've got nothing against Cricket and Rugby, but being world champions in either doesn't have the same significance, or level of competition, as either a football World Cup or European Championship.

JohnLondon

Site Supporter
I wouldn’t hold your breath on the England football team winning anything, very average in my opinion