Any fishing in / around Redcar, Cleveland?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Philocalist

Got a few hours to kill in, or very close to, Redcar tomorrow. Apart from taking sea gear with me [:D] is there anywhere worthwhile in the area, either to fish, or just to take a looky-see and pass the time away?
Needs to be very close, probably no more than a ten minute drive, maximum!
Thanks.

brian carragher

Site Supporter
Sea fishing for mackeral and bass and some decent coarse fishing to be had too

What do you want to fish for, just so you know I live in the town (Redcar)

Philocalist

Hi Brian ... unlikely to be fishing tomorrow ... have the littl'un in tow and he's just 20 months [:T] More looking for somewhere to kill time for a couple of hours, which could be anywhere along the seafront if need be, but was wondering about access / availibility of freshwater fishing in or very close to Redcar ... just somewhere to mooch around for a while if the weather is decent ... would try the local tackle shops, but I've yet to leave one without spending money on something else I really don't need [:T]
Quite surprised that you mention bass fishing and Redcar in the same sentence ... would REALLY like to chase them sometime with a lure rod, but would have no idea where to start, location-wise.
Will fully understand a flat 'NO!'[:D], but would you be prepared to point me in the right direction, by PM if that makes you feel easier?
In any event, any thoughts about where I might get a 'fix' for an hour or two, without a rod? [:D]

Philocalist

Thanks Brian, got PM, much appreciated, though got no-where near the water [:D] Spent most of the time in Redcar Angling ... love going to smaller privately owned shops for the first time as I almost always find something I've searched all over for and never found ... equally frequently I find something else that I 'really need' .. and Redcar Angling did not disappoint!
Think I have more tackle by now than Bennetts of Sheffield!
Really WIll have to make the trip down, just to have a play with the bass!

Simon R

Site Supporter
Originally posted by Philocalist
love going to smaller privately owned shops for the first time
You should have gone a little further down the coast and checked at Keiths at Saltburn - now that is an Aladdins cave of a tackle shop[;)][:D]

Simon

Status
Not open for further replies.