Any Farnham Angling Society members here?

SerialBlanker

Site Supporter
Also want to give nursery a go. Never set eyes on it but heard its quieter than the rest. Also I expect it's only ever fished for the carp so could be some good ignored bream, tench and roach in their. Got to be worth a look

alsur

Site Supporter
I've been a member for years and many of the lakes are not what they once were, but it's still good value, Lodge is a very good venue plenty of Carp and Bream but it does get busy. I would take the videos and descriptions with a pinch of salt for instance Wyke pond has been very difficult for a few years, Stockbridge blows hot and cold and not as good as it was, same goes for Badshot Lea Small. If you like river fishing they have a good selection although they are losing a couple but they are getting a stretch of Thames at Datchet next season.

Phily50

I've been a member for years and many of the lakes are not what they once were, but it's still good value, Lodge is a very good venue plenty of Carp and Bream but it does get busy. I would take the videos and descriptions with a pinch of salt for instance Wyke pond has been very difficult for a few years, Stockbridge blows hot and cold and not as good as it was, same goes for Badshot Lea Small. If you like river fishing they have a good selection although they are losing a couple but they are getting a stretch of Thames at Datchet next season.
Would you say still worth joining? I was a member a while ago and it was great. Having been a couple of times to lodge and a couple others with a mate on a guest ticket this season, I found it a bit busy for what I'm after. Plus I blanked at Lodge which is apparently unheard of nowadays?

I like the look of some of the river stretches though.

What lakes are they losing, just out of interest?

alsur

Site Supporter
Would you say still worth joining? I was a member a while ago and it was great. Having been a couple of times to lodge and a couple others with a mate on a guest ticket this season, I found it a bit busy for what I'm after. Plus I blanked at Lodge which is apparently unheard of nowadays?

I like the look of some of the river stretches though.

What lakes are they losing, just out of interest?

It depends on how many times you intend to go, none of the venues are as easy as a typical commercial with the exception of lodge. I'm an ex match angler so fish mainly on feeder or pole, I mainly fish Lodge, Stockbridge, BSLSP and Kings pond and normally catch enough to keep me happy. I always fish midweek and the only place that is really busy is Lodge but I've always got a swim and caught well.

They are not losing any lakes it's 2 river sections the Loddon at Standford End and Whitewater. I normally fish the Wey or Blackwater, the Blackwater can be very good on float which is how I always fish it but other catch well on lead.

alsur

Site Supporter
And gaining a section of the Thames ??

Did mention that in my first post, have fished it a few times in past and it used to be a good venue especially downstream of weir which does not have as much boat traffic, looking forward to giving it a go.