Any Farnham Angling Society members here?

MrTencherson

Site Supporter
I took up fishing after a long break last year. I have been fishing a small club pond in Brookwood, Surrey and a day ticket venue (Watmore Farm) near Yateley. I really enjoy the fishing at Watmore as I can’t go fishing very often use to work and it’s easy fishing and impossible to blank there, Brookwood is a small pond and I enjoy fishing there but can be a bit erratic (occasional problems with o2 levels in the summer and cormorants more recently etc) .

I found Farnham AS on the internet and they have a pond (Badshot lea small pond) which sounds right up my alley, I just wondered if it’s any good? I do like to fish the method for small carp and tench but also like variety on the Waggler. Last Sunday at Watmore I had a great session where I got a load of roach (a couple of 1 lb’ers), Rudd, a big perch, a nice tench (around 5 lb) and a couple of nice carp.

I’m considering joining next season but since it’s members only I can’t try before I buy so to speak.

Any advice appreciated:)

Cheers

Al

Tinca Steve

Irregular member.
Site Supporter
Been a member for many a year. There are a lot of waters that are on their books that could be of interest to you.
Badshot Lea big pond, good bream and tench, did hold the club record tench.
B/L small pond is one of the club's match waters.
Kings Pond great small fish water for float fishing.
Frensham Great Pond, loads of tench but not easy. Giant rudd.
Frensham small pond good mixed fishery again you have to work it.
Lodge pond mainly bream and carp, very silty.
Stockbridge pond another match water , tench and crucian.
Tarn pond mainly carp but other species recide.
Warren pond next to Tarn and similar.
All the Yateley pond have quality tench.
Summer pit, nursery and Copse lake good tench and bream.
Plus rivers and some other lakes.
10 out of 10 on value.
I live 10 mins away from Lodge pond so fish it a bit.
And this year have got a bit of the Thames.

MrTencherson

Site Supporter
Thanks Steve, it does sound like there’s plenty of variety with a FAS ticket, and as you say good value for money.

Im based in Frimley so they’re all pretty accessible to me

Do you know how well stocked badshot lea small pond is, I.e I might sign up my 11 year old too if it’s easy fishing, he gets bored if it’s hard work (yoof of today lol).

cheers

Al

Tinca Steve

Irregular member.
Site Supporter
It's a club match water not a commercial so you have to work for your fish.
What does your son like to catch, as Kings Pond is a little water with lots of fish in it, great for the pole, tench, crucian roach.
More carp in the small pond though.

MrTencherson

Site Supporter
Yeah, the boy likes anything that puts a bend in his rod (carp and tench mainly) but has a short attention span. I can take him to a commercial on the rare occasion he wants to fish. I’m still interested as it’ll be nice to fish somewhere new and learn what tactics work on each pond :)

cheers

Al

SerialBlanker

Site Supporter
Ive been a member for 2 years now. Unbeatable value. Lodge is probably the closest to Watmore on the ticket stock wise. My 10 year old is a member and loves it

MrTencherson

Site Supporter
Looking at all the FAS videos on YouTube it seems they have some really lovely looking venues. I’ll certainly be applying for membership next season ??

Al

Tinca Steve

Irregular member.
Site Supporter
Aldershot Park lake
The lake is home to the Aldershot Park Angling Club. The club is very active and encourages beginners, juniors and disabled members, as well as more experienced anglers.
Copied from the site.

Tinca Steve

Irregular member.
Site Supporter
Kingsley or Aldershot ?
Got the Oakhanger ticket it's where we take the Chelsea Pensioners so yes a lot. Never fished Aldershot but have walked round it.

Tinca Steve

Irregular member.
Site Supporter
Last year on Kingsley alone it worked out to be under 40p a visit. And l fished the other two lakes as well, not the one in Alton.