Any clubs in the swadlincote area ?

smudger1977

Hi All,

Having only moved into the area 12 months ago im looking for a local club to join if any are around.

Cheers,

Yuccaman

I like fishing.
Staff member
Site Supporter
Are you looking for a club, as in a match fishing group, or a club as in somewhere with its own waters to fish?

smudger1977

A club ideally but I would also joind a club with waters in. I was in sutton coldfield anglers a few years back but after a few changes I moved on from them.

I cant commit to all matches in clubs that fish every week as i have my daughter every other week and Im looking for a club where you can have a laugh and a joke and im not going to be a feeder to the best anglers :) I like most was bought up fishing the rivers then I fished in a canal only club thats moved onto commercials but I do get bored fishing commys all day long

MattH1X

Hi All,

Having only moved into the area 12 months ago im looking for a local club to join if any are around.

Cheers,

Our matches are not round the corner from you but we fish every other Sunday in the summer, we're a good group and sure you'd enjoy it,

Check out our web site : www.AnvilFC.com and see what you think

Any questions just drop us a note

Phillip MGBGT

Site Supporter
Hello smudger1977, I know this a long time since your post but if you want some river fishing go and have a look at the Trent, freewater its called just a short distance down stream from the playing feilds in Burton. As for a club go into Bachus and Rhone in Woodville and ask about Swadlincote & District Angling Asossiation (spelling LOL). I years ago was a member and they had some good waters and are still going.

Phillip.

smudger1977

Cheers pal think I'm going g to join next year as I live a few miles from conkers so on my doorstep and I'm 300 m from bachus and rhone 😊

Phillip MGBGT

Site Supporter
Cheers pal think I'm going g to join next year as I live a few miles from conkers so on my doorstep and I'm 300 m from bachus and rhone 😊
I was in there this morning for some bait and a couple of other bits. My niece and her family live over the road from the tackle shop& my sister lives about 300 metres from the shop on the same side of the road as the shop on the Ashby side of the traffic lights.

stug

wheel angling club has lime yards at ticknall, 2 ponds at calke abbey
there pretty close to you

John M

personally I wouldn't recommend SDAA you don't get many waters to pick from for £50. For an extra £20 you can get in Burton Mutual now the waiting lists have gone, far more waters and the Trent & Mersey canal.

Tallshort23

Its a bit further away but Pride of Derby has some good waters near Shardlow, large stretches of the Trent and Mersey canal and 25 pegs of the Trent at Willington. Their lake complex there is quite Carp heavy but the have a nice stretch of the Trent and some nice water on the Derwent with good safe parking.

Derby Railway has some of the best parts of the Trent between Swakestone and the Pride stretch in Shardlow plus various lakes and canals.

I joined Pride this year and hoping to latch on to a match club at some point.