Any body know anything about this rod

Fugley-fisher

Fishing the stour dorset, most probably!
Site Supporter

If it stays cheap I might have a punt. But if anyone has used or owned one and can just let me know there thoughts please

Total

Site Supporter

If it stays cheap I might have a punt. But if anyone has used or owned one and can just let me know there thoughts please
Is it a Browning though?....Look at the description "Greys"

Fugley-fisher

Site Supporter
I know it had me confused, that's why I chucked on here, the knowledge on here about old rods is priceless, its a shame the seller has not posted better pictures. I'm sure if it was any of the sort after rods it would be fetching way more than 20 quid.

Fugley-fisher

Site Supporter
I've messaged the seller asking for a better picture of the graphics on the rod we shall see.

nejohn

Site Supporter
I saw that on ebay however one look at the butt diameter told me one thing.......it is probably going to be heavy and the nature of a spliced tip rod means it will be in your hand all of the time so unless the balance is brilliant then I think it might be hard work after a few hours.
I once had a Browning 13ft spliced tip rod in the mid 80's and to be fair it was quite a nice rod for it's time, it was fairly light, slim and a nice action with a good blend to the splice, but it was definitely not a 13ft version of that rod as it had a blue blank

david white

Site Supporter
To be fair there’s not many rods from yesteryear that are on par with even what would be considered ‘ mid priced ‘ these days and those that are have a cult like following ( I’m thinking Normark Carbotec and top end Daiwa which were top end price wise in their day and for very good reasons ) the odd rod will always be held in high regard by some in the know of course but most if not all weren’t mainstream rods and are likely to be thin on the ground