Antique / Old Tackle

Status
Not open for further replies.

anglerfishuk

Just a quick question for everyone, Do any of you still use Antique or Old tackle as I am looking for Information on the " Tank Ariel" rods that were available just after WW2 and Early 50's as I was shown one yesterday evening and have fallen in love with it.
Any Info gratefully recieved.
Andy

Gone Fishing

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
The tank aerials were tank aerials they were available in the early 50's. I still have mine at my fathers. The rings on this rod were actually soldered on. Its about 9ft. I havent seen never mind used for over 30 years. I can remember using it when aged 12/13. But it does bring back fond memories.

chill out go fishing

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Andy,
Judging by your Shakespeare experience in the earlier post and my record of breakages!(9 week old tackle for me is considered Antique, or un-loseable), We are not the people to discuss antique tackle!!
However, I have made several posts in ref. to my 1st rod, the Tank Ariel.
After the war, these were made out of genuine surplus Tank Ariels.
Sold by Woolworths, painted in a Green Paint that quickly chipped and the 'S' rings on mine were soldered on as John says and then whipped with Red twine.
I am not sure of the length, but this 2 piece rod was probably only 8-9ft.
Mine was a treasure during my Primary school days, and although I have rods that now have caught bigger fish, I am sure that not one has caught so many!

Trev

Ziptrev
I do NOT BELIEVE it

Edited by - Ziptrev on 16 March 2002 11:15:43 AM

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
Funny that Trev mine was and still is green. I dont know where it originated from, but I will try and find out.

chill out go fishing

Status
Not open for further replies.