Anti - Anti Angling Campaigners

Status
Not open for further replies.

DGHALL77

I think we should get our heads together and start an Anti-Anti Anglers campaign.

Perhaps we could the Government to ban them from breathing [:D]

Please post your ideas below.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
i've always announced proudly that i'm anti anti, i've said it on here to many times to count :)

SteveH

Lindholme Refugee
Only one thing am I anti against and thats perv's ..........apart from that I am anti-anti anything.

Live and let live sort of bloke, just 'cause I don't agree with or like something doesn't give me the right to preach to others. And I do NOT take kindly to having others preach to me based on their own beliefs, opinions and prejudices :)

Sign me up :)

pmdirectuk

Should check more!
There just busy bodies that have no understanding of our culture! Fishing has been around for longer than they know!

kcon123

Originally posted by pmdirectuk

There just busy bodies that have no understanding of our culture! Fishing has been around for longer than they know!

They would say to that though culture doesn't make it right and how long it's been around doesn't change whether it's cruel or not. (I'm not an anti by the way)

Just look at bullfighting
http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/peterwedderburn/100049054/bullfighting-ban-is-good-news-for-animal-welfare-in-catalonia/

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
yeah and p*t* are now claiming on one of their websites that THEY have forced the Spaniards to give up the barbaric sport and it wouldn't have been possible without the donations they recieve but they still have a lot of work to do so keep the donations coming roflmfao

Thebestboxever

Ah P*TA, the Scientologists of animal protection. Bless their miniture brains (i've seen perch with greater cognitive capacities). Of course, they do have a rather nasty tendency to kill any live animal donated to them.

ross lad

whilst we are are listening to people who want to ban all sorts can i add football as balls are made or were made of pig skin,maybe we should all just stay in bed all day every day!!!

Trendy Angler

The day an "activist" attempts to ruin my days fishing, is the day said activist finds himself up the creek with no paddle - no metaphor.

armstrong1

choppy
i,d follow one for a week and just see how squeeky clean they are , or even easier hang em all up to rot and collect the maggots off them, saying that the fish wouldnt touch em either.

carpcruncher23

Just a thought, but judging by the 'specimen angler' thread running at the moment what chance do we stand when we are against each other!!!!!!!! Its a joke!

nelson66

Anglers should get together and complain on mass to the bbc - i think they are the most anti angling organisation in the UK

Look at the number of rod licences sold

EA statistics show that 13% of the population have been fishing in the last 2 years.
Last year they sold more rod licences than the entire population of Birmingham.

Fishing is by far and away the most popular sport/pastime in the uk - what the general public do or want isnt on the agenda of the luvvies at the beeb.

All the BBC do is slag angling off - call it cruel, barbaric, blame us for killing swans with lead shot and disgarded line, but dont mention the huge amount of litter and flytipping on the rivers and lakes which kill far more birds than anglers ever will.
They never mention or promote the benefits of angling. The relaxation, the ability to get close to nature, the anti pollution work and habitat improvement work that anglers undertake - maybe the angling trust should do more to promote the benefits of angling?

Remember when everyone tried to get Bob Nudd as bbc sports personality of the year? I wonder how many emergency meetings they had to call before rigging/ignoring the vote in 1991 - he got the record ever number of votes. Liz McColgan the athlete won in 1991 - i bet she got about 10% of the votes Bob Nudd got.

The BBC are a bleepin disgrace - its our money after all!

I cant wait for them to move the news and sports up to Salford Quays - they will find out what life is like in one of the most deprived areas of the UK - i wonder how the "stars of the beeb" will cope with the street kids of Salford?

Maybe if our a fraction of our licence fee was spent promoting the most popular pastime in the UK then the anti brigade would find another "cause".

nelson66

Heres some BBC stuff from today.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-10791614

BBC trying to show anglers as public enemy

Chep

sicknote
If angling was banned, the rivers lakes, wildlife etc on them would eventually go down the pan. FACT!!

ivabiggun

on some of our waters its the anglers who have cleaned up the area got rid of the old fridge and tv that seem to be every were and the tons of building rubble the bbc should look at the bigger picture

stemlfc

Steve
Never met an anti-fishing campaigner but what exactly do they have in their artillery? If it wasn't for fishing, half the waters of Britain wouldn't be there.

Does it include all types of fishing or just angling? What a ridiculous and pointless way to spend your time in fighting against fishing. Fishing has been a source of feeding people since the dawn of time.

They'll never get it banned. In a million years. Millions upon millions of us fish all over the world. In fact, I would love to meet a campaigner and listen to their policies whilst laughing at them.

SteveH

Lindholme Refugee
Just to throw the cat amongst the pigeons, but with what I feel is a valid point to be made.

On rivers, bye laws permitting, it is still legal to take fish for the table. However, as anglers we have all been guilty, I feel, of pre-emptively trying to counter the anti's before they cause too much trouble, the route we have taken on this is trumpeting to all and sundry about fish welfare. I like to look after the fish I catch, but, the anti's may use our going fishing with catch and release methods as proof that as we are NOT, in the main, fishing for food, then we are just fishing for vanity.

Maybe we should take more of a back seat, wait and see how they want to tackle this and then counter that?

Status
Not open for further replies.