As I'm sure you know, a lot of Gloucester is without mains water at
present. Bowsers are out at strategic points. But residents say they
are emptying too quickly and not being refilled frequently enough to
keep everyone supplied.

I saw a little old lady beside an empty bowser yesterday morning. She
had brought a kitchen chair and a bucket, and was 'camped out' by the
bowser waiting for it to be refilled.

There are stories of folk who can't even get enough water to make up
feeds for their babies, or to dissolve essential medications.

Then I hear tales of local restaurant/takeaways that send 4 or more
members of staff or the owners family in separate cars to fill
huge (30 litre-ish) water carriers to supply the restaurant's needs.

Needless to say, the bowsers don't stay full very long, and ordinary
residents go without.

But, as with most things like this, they get away with it and end up
being the 'winners' by being complete greedy b****rds.

I'd have 'em shot.

Enigma

Armchair Carper
Agree Muskie

What is more shamefull is we are regarded as a developed country and our emergency services and supporting function like the water board, hospitals & distribution lines can't cope. It's a poor state of affairs and the government should be shamed. Get the armed serivces in there - they have the skills, the vehicles and logistic supply experience to sort this. babies and the old dying or becoming seriously ill from this is utterly unacceptable.

Gordon Brown...You suck buddy!

JB56

They were on the news last night filling up 10ltr tubs and there was about 20 of them in the back of a hatch back car so thats 200ltrs of water which must mean that the car is overloaded. So not only are they depriving the people that the water is provided for they are breaking the law as well and I will leave you all to use your own imagination to decide the nationality of these thoughtless people.

Last edited:

muskrat

Havin' a Waggle
Site Supporter
JB56 - I thought long and hard before deciding against declaring the ethnicity of the
offenders in my post. Let's not make this one another race-related post fer gawds sake.

It's the act that is deplorable in itself, regardless of the race colour or creed of
the perpetrators.

In my mind, it is effectively stealing from others during a time of crisis/disaster,
and it should be dealt with as rigorously and harshly as looting.

As I said, I'd have 'em shot. I wasn't joking.

john83

Account Locked
Originally posted by JB56

They were on the news last night filling up 10ltr yubs and there was about 20 of them in the back of a hatch back car so thats 200ltrs of water which must mean that the car is overloaded. So not only are they depriving the people that the water is provided fo they are breaking the law as well and I will leave you all to use your own imagination to decide the nationality of these thoughtles people.

go on then what was their nationality?

i saw the clip, it was a disgrace, but i didnt hear them mention their nationality once????

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
I have been watching the reports on TV, and I sympathise with all in the flooding zone. The Army seems to be doing a great job getting the bottles of water to distribution points.

Then you get reports of people vandalising the water bowsers or leaving the taps running. Other reports of people stocking up on water bottles then selling them for large amounts. They are a bl00dy disgrace and action should be taken against them. Name and shame would be great.

The restauranteurs should be named so their restaurants can be blacklisted when it is all over.

banksy

Life Member
Site Supporter
I agree with Muskie.

It's not that different from looting in a wartime situation, is it ? [:(!][:(]

JB56

As I said I will not mention race but for those of you that watched the news last night you will already know. The fact is that they are a set of selfish bar steward's who have totally disregarded the needs of others.

As for the mindless vandalism on a water bowser, the people who have done this are in the same boat as everybody else. They must have been on drugs or something.

Muskrat, I don't want to get into any kind of a race related debate myself either, I was merely pointing out a fact that was well publicized.

Last edited:

john83

Account Locked
i asked you what nationality they were not their race. what was their nationality? and how will others know when their nationality wasnt mentioned? i'm just mythed how you know what country they were born in from a clip on bbc news.

BARRYBLOKE

Account Locked
At the end of the sodding day what does it matter were they come from?????????
Im with Musky just shoot the b*****ds.[:(!][:(!]

JB56

Originally posted by john83

i asked you what nationality they were not their race. what was their nationality? and how will others know when their nationality wasn't mentioned? I'm just mythed how you know what country they were born in from a clip on bbc news.

A slip of the hand while writing my first post on this subject. I don't know what country they were born in, I should have probably posted not their nationality but their ethnic origins either way they are still selfish bar stewards who as muskie has already said should be shot for their deplorable actions

Butch

Account Locked
All things considered I agree...........shoot the buggers.

Especially that old bird camping out to make sure she gets in first, depriving someone further down the que. I bet she only wanted the water to rinse her false teeth in. sheeeeesh

(joking about the old bird by the way)

Last edited:

mouse77

Whilst i feel sorry for the people of Gloucester when situations like this arise i think instead of feeling hard done by maybe we should take a step back and take into account the amount of people in the world who face the hardship of having no fresh water every day of their lives.

crusty

true mouse.

Just heard on the radio, someone was seen urinating in a bowser.[:(] There's some sick folk about.

crusty

Bill G

Grandad
in answer to john83 what nationality is cliff richard
if you said british or english according to you you would be wrong he was born in india does that make him an indian ?

john83

Account Locked
what's cliff richard got to do with anything [:D] i was asking how he knew their nationality by a clip that was shown on the news.

kleinboet

I have mixed feelings - as a lot of you know, I am disabled and I am a 24/7 carer for a wheelchair bound, Blind, MS sufferer.
WE have had neighbours calling in to find out how we are coping, the council are delivering drinking water to my door. It's all wonderful!!.

Then you get the yobs - they have vandalised a lot of bowsers, urinated in others and poured bleach into others! I have told the police that I will put my steel toecap boots on and if I see these idiots, I will make sure they never have children!! (and a policeman said that they would all be "busy" if this happens!

JB56

Originally posted by kleinboet

I am disabled and I am a 24/7 carer for a wheelchair bound, Blind, MS sufferer.

I feel for you mate I also suffer with MS myself and have some disability's but at least I'm still mobile'ish and I still have my sight.

I agree with you regarding the instant punishment you would give them if they were caught but I cannot for the life of me understand why they are doing it surely they are in the same boat so to speak and need the water just like the rest of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.