Another pole question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jibs

I'm thinking of taking the plunge and buying a top end pole.I've kind of narrowed it down to these three, Preston GIS10 Absolute, Tourney pro, Garbolino 995. Does anyone know where in the North West I could see these side by side in a pole ally?

Thanks.[;)]

Dave_Barrett

hi mate go for the tourney pro but i heard there is quite along waiting list for these !!!

Last edited:

bingo wings

Hi jibs, get some prices for replacement sections and then have a think about, broke a no 6 and no8 on my super legion for a major pain in the ar*e, best part of 500 nicker rrp. Make sure your insurance includes damage to your fishing gear.
Good luck[;)]

budnudd

tackletartitis
Daiwa spares are sound mate and the generic top kits etc are excellent value for money. The Preston and Garbolino spares prices are a total joke. Go on harrisontackle.com and in the pole spares section you can get a comparison, you may be suprised!!!

floatfisher

Site Supporter
Try Ted Carters at Preston.They had the 'pro' in today and usually have all the Prestons range in. Not sure about the Garbolino.Give them a ring on 01772 253476.(they shut on Thursdays)

Cybermanc

Eagle Eyes
Spares prices?? Why not just NOT break it in the first place[;)] Never broken a section apart from one top 3 which sheared clean through and was replaced as faulty as I'd only had it two days (Maver).

Cybermanc

Eagle Eyes
BAD KARMA[:(][:I]

Great, went out today after saying how I have never broken and a section and my roller goes over and snaps the NO4 clean in half against my side tray[B)] NOW I'll find how easy it is to get spares[:I]

poleangler

Hi Mate
have a good look at every thing in your price range and think about what you want it to do.
Every body here seems to be recomending the "Pro" but have seen & heard of a lot of these breaking at the moment.But you get that with a lot of top range poles when people buy them and try to abuse them to see what they will do expensive mistake that.You also get a lot of production faults on batches that are rushed through to meet demand.
So have a look at every thing & talk to people who have got them.
A lot of the time people wish they hadn't bought one as they jumped on the band wagon with every one else with out having a good look round.

Status
Not open for further replies.