Another 'heads up'

mickthestick

Hod job
Site Supporter
If you search the number in google, there's a few sites where people add bogus numbers to a list , I had the tax one this morning on 020 3624 3835

AdeB

Site Supporter
When I get the 'accident that wasn't your fault' calls and it's an actual person I ask "How the hell did you know about that? It only happened this morning!" or "No, it was my fault, I was as drunk as a skunk!" they soon hang up! :ROFLMAO:

roachy

There seems to be a lot of emails saying ÿour netflix subscription cannot be renewed, please update your bank details" so many scams out there

AdeB

Site Supporter
Recently received this..........

https://penaltynotice.homeoffice.gov.uk/Content/Images/HMCTS_BLK_NC.png

This Penalty Charge Notice has been sent to you as the registered keeper XXXXXXX
This email is sent to XXXXXXXXX

Total cost:
£25
Delivery date:
7:00am - 7:00pm
For the following: the use of a vehicle on a road in the charging area which a charging scheme applies without payment of the appropriate charge, at the date and location started below
If you do not respond before the end of the period of 28 days beginning with the date of service of this notice a charge certificate may be issued which would increase the penalty charge to £100.
Failure to then pay the increased penalty charge may result in the outstanding balance being registered as a debt in the County Court
You have 14 days beginning with the date of service of this notice to pay the discounted penalty charge of £25. if this is not paid by 22/09/2020 then the full penalty charge of £50 is payable.
If you fail to pay the penalty charge or make representations by 28/09/2020 Charge
Penalty Charge Notice Number:
YJ102837128833121

Automated payment reference:

How to pay your Penalty Charge

To pay by Credit or Debit Card

1. Click here to pay online
Click here to pay
& click on Pay a Penalty Charge Notice (PCN).
This is the quickest and easiest way to pay and receive a receipt as your payment is immediately credited to Charge Notice
Contact Centre
1.Telephone 0343 222 3331 (temporarily unavailable)

Pretty poor attempt! :unsure::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Also - the phone number being temporarily unavailable. How surprising!

fishcatcher4

Site Supporter
Recently received this..........

https://penaltynotice.homeoffice.gov.uk/Content/Images/HMCTS_BLK_NC.png

This Penalty Charge Notice has been sent to you as the registered keeper XXXXXXX
This email is sent to XXXXXXXXX

Total cost:
£25
Delivery date:
7:00am - 7:00pm
For the following: the use of a vehicle on a road in the charging area which a charging scheme applies without payment of the appropriate charge, at the date and location started below
If you do not respond before the end of the period of 28 days beginning with the date of service of this notice a charge certificate may be issued which would increase the penalty charge to £100.
Failure to then pay the increased penalty charge may result in the outstanding balance being registered as a debt in the County Court
You have 14 days beginning with the date of service of this notice to pay the discounted penalty charge of £25. if this is not paid by 22/09/2020 then the full penalty charge of £50 is payable.
If you fail to pay the penalty charge or make representations by 28/09/2020 Charge
Penalty Charge Notice Number:
YJ102837128833121

Automated payment reference:

How to pay your Penalty Charge

To pay by Credit or Debit Card

1. Click here to pay online
Click here to pay
& click on Pay a Penalty Charge Notice (PCN).
This is the quickest and easiest way to pay and receive a receipt as your payment is immediately credited to Charge Notice
Contact Centre
1.Telephone 0343 222 3331 (temporarily unavailable)

Pretty poor attempt! :unsure::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I had that one the other day. :D

AdeB

Site Supporter
Both my wife and I had text messages last Sunday from 'Halifax' saying we had opted to use mobile banking and if it wasn't us 'click here' yeh right!

JayD

We've had another phone call, a recorded message claiming to be from OFCOM, saying that our internet will be cut off that afternoon and we should press.........I hung up at that point. Guess what? No interruption to our internet.

I'm not sure whether these things are random, it's something we've done, or they are targeted around the country one area at a time, but we've had a spate of these calls recently.

John.

OldTaff

Site Supporter
Scroaty scam - don’t get the calls so much but do get stupid numbers of emails about Amazon, Netflix, HMRC, etc all of which get blocked and binned

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Once one gets your number, and it can be from a bought script, they re-sell them to other scammers, and so on.
Bear in mind that the professional scammers will have many scams on the go at any one time, so your details could be submitted to many in the same 'office'

Reuben

Site Supporter
I get quite a few emails saying they’re from PayPal - usually full of spelling mistakes.