Another computer question (sorry)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordan_Dowling

WAFC till I die
I know I've been on a bit but this sthe only place I can get good advice from.

Well, I downloaded a couple virus blockers/deleters. I did a full scan and deleted the virus' found. have also deleted a few programs with him memory as my computer was running quite slow.

Now, its really slow and theres loads of pop-us coming up.

Is there anything which could have slowed my computer down and anything I cn do [:(][:(][:(]

norm

try spybot search and destroy if you have not already

Butch

Account Locked
Spybot available here

Then download and run Ccleaner from here

Run 'cleaner' by clicking on 'analyse', when its finished click on 'run cleaner'.

Then select 'issues', then 'scan for issues' then 'fix selected issues'.

Wont stop pop-ups but should speed things up a little by getting rid of a lot of junk and minor problems on your PC...........

Last edited:

Don

Apart from the above good suggestions you should try Trend online virus scanner its one of the best going IMHO http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

You should really defrag your pc after your virus checks as this could be the reason you are running slow Jordan, so heres another decent prog that defrags a lot faster than windows can http://www.iobit.com/ they also do a free system cleaner which is excellent.

Run through the above, defrag and use the "Advanced Windows Care" programme and you should have a pc that will be faster. A last facility I use is a site called "PC Pitstop" who will check your pc for faults and supply you with info on how to rectify any faults found and its completely free as are the other progs I have mentioned. http://www.pcpitstop.com/default.asp Good luck and let us all know how you got on.

J

Chubonator
Originally posted by darrengeorge

If it were my computer Id re-install windows and start a-fresh
Indeed.. Sounds to me like you have installed far to much rubbish to fix a simple virus problem and all the on access scanners from all the rubbish you have installed are bogging your system down..

Time to start a fresh [:)]

Don

The simplest idea are often the best Darren and I cant fault your answer/logic.

norm

so thats its then lads

every time you have a problem just delete windows and start again don't try and fix what is prob a simple little error

lol

simonelsey

only1 net empty
Originally posted by J

Indeed.. Sounds to me like you have installed far to much rubbish to fix a simple virus problem and all the on access scanners from all the rubbish you have installed are bogging your system down..

Time to start a fresh [:)]
agree with you J , May even need a format for a full complete install, just back up any other data you require

Jordan_Dowling

WAFC till I die
Got it sorted thanks lad [:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

Still takes a while to load up but its working much quicker now.

Still get the pop-ups but that doesnt matter too much [:D]

So thanks one again [:D][:D][:D]

CREZZ

Crack Off Crezz
i had major problems with my computer last year as it was basicly getting eaten alive[:p].lol. i found some software called spyware terminator. i installed it and done a full scan and cleared all the ****e. it made one hell of a difference.[;)]

chrishowe425

Originally posted by norm

so thats its then lads

every time you have a problem just delete windows and start again don't try and fix what is prob a simple little error

lol

not seen my computer then, needs more than a little error fixing[:I]

dward1996

Life Member
I would have to agree with the above. I use Ad-Aware and Spybot S&D on my computer. I run them on a regular basis, to keep the computer clear of any spyware and cookies.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.