Another Bite Filled Commercial Session

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
So after a nice session at field farm fishery last weekend I was back there for another go today to make the most of the lovely weather. It was fish galore on the last session as I averaged a couple dozen an hour and it was pretty much the same today just with a slightly different breakdown of species. Really is jammed with fish 😅

Started fishing just before 9 and finished just before 4 and in that time had at least 80 roach, maybe 40 Rudd, about 20 skimmers and at least 20 odd carpy things. I say carpy things as there was w right mix of them with commons, mirrors, f1, f2, fe, Indy 500s, brown gold fish, gold brown fish you get the jist 😉. Bit like last week 2/3 of the silver fish were very small with the other 1/3 a better stamp. Given there was slightly less than last week I’d say they brought a little over 20lb as opposed to pushing 25lb last week. However given the lot more carp, which were mostly just big silvers size save for 4 proper ones, I’d say I’d had maybe 35lb all in so another good day in even better weather this weekend. First time in one later this year!

Like last weekend all fish were caught on the 13ft drennan acolyte ultra float rod but this time paired with the 2500 shimano Sahara RD reel loaded with 3lb maxima to a 1g drennan loaded crystal insert waggler to a size 18 to 2lb drennan silverfish hook to nylon set at dead depth in just shy of 4ft of water. The vast majority of fish were caught on single red maggot over loose feed of red maggots but out of sheer bloody mindedness I did get a few carp of those dreaded fjuka pellets!

My grandad was with me again and had an easy 20lb plus bag again. Had same mix of species plus two lovely looking goldfish as well!

All in all another nice session in lovely weather. I think the place has served its purpose of a couple easy sessions after some struggles on the canal so probably have a change of scenery next weekend although maybe have a session here given it’s a long weekend.

Few pics of the swim, a few roach that represent the better 1/3 of the silvers and the few proper sized carpy species.
1619281002751.jpeg
1619281020698.jpeg
1619281030059.jpeg
1619281041241.jpeg
1619281056052.jpeg
1619281067774.jpeg
1619281085238.jpeg
1619281095408.jpeg

Last edited:

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
So after a nice session at field farm fishery last weekend I was back there for another go today to make the most of the lovely weather. It was fish galore on the last session as I averaged a couple dozen an hour and it was pretty much the same today just with a slightly different breakdown of species. Really is jammed with fish 😅

Started fishing just before 9 and finished just before 4 and in that time had at least 80 roach, maybe 40 Rudd, about 20 skimmers and at least 20 odd carpy things. I say carpy things as there was w right mix of them with commons, mirrors, f1, f2, fe, Indy 500s, brown gold fish, gold brown fish you get the jist 😉. Bit like last week 2/3 of the silver fish were very small with the other 1/3 a better stamp. Given there was slightly less than last week I’d say they brought a little over 20lb as opposed to pushing 25lb last week. However given the lot more carp, which were mostly just big silvers size save for 4 proper ones, I’d say I’d had maybe 35lb all in so another good day in even better weather this weekend. First time in one later this year!

Like last weekend all fish were caught on the 13ft drennan acolyte ultra float rod but this time paired with the 2500 shimano Sahara RD reel loaded with 3lb maxima to a 1g drennan loaded crystal insert waggler to a size 18 to 2lb drennan silverfish hook to nylon set at dead depth in just shy of 4ft of water. The vast majority of fish were caught on single red maggot over loose feed of red maggots but out of sheer bloody mindedness I did get a few carp of those dreaded fjuka pellets!

My grandad was with me again and had an easy 20lb plus bag again. Had same mix of species plus two lovely looking goldfish as well!

All in all another nice session in lovely weather. I think the place has served its purpose of a couple easy sessions after some struggles on the canal so probably have a change of scenery next weekend although maybe have a session here given it’s a long weekend.

Few pics of the swim, a few roach that represent the better 1/3 of the silvers and the few proper sized carpy species.
1619281002751.jpeg
1619281020698.jpeg
1619281030059.jpeg
1619281041241.jpeg
1619281056052.jpeg
1619281067774.jpeg
1619281085238.jpeg
1619281095408.jpeg
Very nice day and good angling well done 👏

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
. First time in one later this year!

Haven’t got a clue what I meant by that by that 😂 if I’d typed that now after 4 hours in the pub it might make sense as to why it makes no sense but no idea what it meant sober at the time 😅

Jimpanzee

Site Supporter
Well fished mate - great haul. Regardless of difficulty the reason you go is to catch fish.👌👍

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Well fished mate - great haul. Regardless of difficulty the reason you go is to catch fish.👌👍
Thanks mate 👍🏻

And yeah it's a great place for the funny conditions we've got at the moment in that if you do roughly the right thing you'll definitely still catch well. Both times I've been in the last couple weeks there have been some people struggling a bit whilst clearly fishing the wrong way but anyone fishing light on the waggler or pole whilst rotating through a few lines does well as its certainly not a place that requires rocket science. Could catch a lot more fishing shorter to be more efficient but given its quite a decent sized lake it's nice to fish the waggler at a reasonable range with a catapult. Partly just because you can really but also because it's good practice for places where you have to do that.

Last edited:

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
@warrington63 sounded like he had a really good session here yesterday. Big mixed bag caught on the pole.
That was on lodge farm I believe. But yes sounds like he had a good day, more akin to what I was getting there in the winter but even better. I think me and you must have gone during national Rudd week when we last went there 😂

Jimpanzee

Site Supporter
That was on lodge farm I believe. But yes sounds like he had a good day, more akin to what I was getting there in the winter but even better. I think me and you must have gone during national Rudd week when we last went there 😂
Sorry you’re right, it was lodge farm. I just re-read his msg, for some reason I was convinced it was field farm fishery. Haha I think you’re right mate - so many Rudd!! 😂