Annual piking pilgrimage

juttle

Grumpy old cripple
Site Supporter
I’m thinking about some locations for my annual piking pilgrimage to the Avon, Severn or Wye and I’ve just noticed the Unicorn Inn at Hampton Loade. Normally, I try to get my campervan as close to some fishable water as possible and worry about the eating and ablutions side of things later. Reading through the Unicorn’s website it seems to have everything that I require right on the river! Right, on to the inevitable questions.

Does anybody know if the campsite is open in the winter?
What’s access to the water like for a grumpy old bugger with legs that don’t work?
Is that stretch on the BAA ticket?
Finally, and most importantly, what’s the piking like?

Cheers all,

Bob

PAB

Site Supporter
I’m thinking about some locations for my annual piking pilgrimage to the Avon, Severn or Wye and I’ve just noticed the Unicorn Inn at Hampton Loade. Normally, I try to get my campervan as close to some fishable water as possible and worry about the eating and ablutions side of things later. Reading through the Unicorn’s website it seems to have everything that I require right on the river! Right, on to the inevitable questions.

What’s access to the water like for a grumpy old bugger with legs that don’t work?

Cheers all,

Bob
How about a boat on the Norfolk broads fish straight off the boat No walking and loads of places to fish.

juttle

Grumpy old cripple
Site Supporter
I was looking at that last year as a guy on pikers pit very kindly offered me the use of a wheely boat. My mate bailed on that idea as he likes to have his feet firmly planted on terra firma! Might be an idea to get him some seasick pills and give it another go.

Thanks for reminding me!

Bob

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
Hi Bob

Try asking the question in the Where You Fished Today section - Severn as some of the lads fish the Middle Severn quite a bit and might be able to help.
Or maybe a bit further downstream - I know they catch some decent Pike from below the weir which I think is B.A.A

Dslayer

dslayer

Cheers all,

Bob

Part is Kinver Freeliners AC, part ticket from the Unicorn....