Anne Boleyn

JayD

Site Supporter
Firstly, BLM existed for many years prior to George Floyd's murder
Secondly, saying "black lives matter" does not imply that other lives don't matter and I have never heard anyone on the BLM side claim that.
I beg to differ Dave.
During the 2020 Proms debacle I heard several supporters of the BLM movement quoted as saying that the 'offensive' line, 'Britain never never never shall be slaves' implied that It was ok to enslave others, (mainly black). When challenged, that using the same logic, and simply saying 'Black Lives Matter', it must imply that other lives don't matter, they didn't agree, saying that it was different.
Perception versus intent, or just bias led dogma?

The mission statement from the BLM site, doesn't scream unity, or equality to me Dave, it's more confrontational, and divisive. I see it as a politically motivated movement, that emphasises the wrong doings by some, in certain places, and promotes those actions as typical of all non blacks, everywhere. Other political movements have used similar tactics over the centuries to blame single sections of society for the failings of mankind in general. It's easier to persuade those who feel oppressed to 'follow the cause' if you point an accusing finger in the direction of an 'enemy', and shout 'it's their fault', than it is to explain that much of the fault lies with all sides, regardless of colour, creed etc. It's even easier when so called 'celebs' join the cause, some with altruistic intentions, others I suspect, with raising their personal public profile in mind.

John.

nejohn

Site Supporter
I've got lots of BBC friends ( British Born Chinese, that's their term not mine) and they hate BLM as it is only interested in Black interests with the odd Asian soundbite thrown in. Anyone who thinks BLM wants equality is a bit naive. It's a racist movement according to most I speak to and there's no denying it's racially divisive.

They need to cal it ALL lives matter but wont as it's American, the most divided country in the developed world, bet hey lets copy them eh
The UK was getting along quite nicely, OK we had some issues with race but we were addressing these maybe it was taking a little longer than some people would like but we were getting there. As a country we have lots of people of colour in high profile well paid jobs so the argument that the UK system is loaded towards the white race is more than a little shaky, it is more a case of the UK system being loaded towards the people that want to make something of them selves and is really more about work ethic than race, however there in lies the real problem as all people do not have the same work ethic. But what I see happening now is by following the lead of the USA and BLM we are putting this country back 20 years as the average guy in the street really didn't care about the colour of someone's skin but now it is being rammed down our throats everywhere we turn it is making people hyper sensitive about race and causing resentment from all sides. I can really see this all ending badly unless someone gets a grip and starts to reign things in a bit

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
Try Welsh singers playing Welsh soldiers ;)
Richard Davies was a welsh actor, he also played a teacher in the tv show Please Sir.
Ivor Emmanuel also appeared in other films
Peter Gill, welsh playwright and actor
Dafydd Havard another welsh actor in zulu

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
Google " George Floyd and Tony Timpa" This was a white man who was restrained in same fashion as George Floyd
He also said he was going to die, he went unconscious the police thought he had gone to sleep and never checked for a pulse.
Check to see how many riots, looting and burning of property happened after this..None.
Then read what happened to the police who were charged with his death.

Last edited:

nejohn

Site Supporter
Richard Davies was a welsh actor, he also played a teacher in the tv show Please Sir.
Ivor Emmanuel also appeared in other films
Peter Gill, welsh playwright and actor
Dafydd Havard another welsh actor in zulu
The film did use a bit of artistic licence though as the battle did not involve any Welsh Regiment, it was actually the 2nd Warwickshire regiment that defended Rorke's drift under the command of a royal engineer. The garrison was made up of mainly Englishmen but there were a few Welshmen as the battalion headquarters moved to Brecon a few years before the battle so did recruit some Welshmen. The Regiment changed its name to reflect this move of headquarters to the South Wales Border regiment 3 years after the zulu wars ended

62tucker

Site Supporter
Google " George Floyd and Tony Timpa" This was a white man who was restrained in same fashion as George Floyd
He also said he was going to die, he went unconscious the police thought he had gone to sleep and never checked for a pulse.
Check to see how many riots, looting and burning of property happened after this..None.
If that BLM lass was shot by white men this country would still be having protests to this day.

JayD

Site Supporter
The film did use a bit of artistic licence though as the battle did not involve any Welsh Regiment, it was actually the 2nd Warwickshire regiment that defended Rorke's drift under the command of a royal engineer. The garrison was made up of mainly Englishmen but there were a few Welshmen as the battalion headquarters moved to Brecon a few years before the battle so did recruit some Welshmen. The Regiment changed its name to reflect this move of headquarters to the South Wales Border regiment 3 years after the zulu wars ended
Yup, it was a bit unrealistic, I seem to remember a scene where Jack Hawkins(?) was being carted away, and shouting "You're all going to die, die" several times, and not one 'Welshman' asked which one he was talking to. :unsure:

John

Sportsman

Site Supporter

Sportsman

Site Supporter
OK Tony Timpa was one example of a white man being unlawfully killed by Police. What if he was the one hundredth example, or the one thousandth? DO you think that might make a difference?

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
A black kid got murdered by a white gang in Kingstanding, Birmingham the other day. Am glad I don't live in Birmingham anymore! Not good for the noggin'. Am more happy-go-lucky these days now I live in the sticks.

JayD

Site Supporter
I beg to differ Dave.
During the 2020 Proms debacle I heard several supporters of the BLM movement quoted as saying that the 'offensive' line, 'Britain never never never shall be slaves' implied that It was ok to enslave others, (mainly black). When challenged, that using the same logic, and simply saying 'Black Lives Matter', it must imply that other lives don't matter, they didn't agree, saying that it was different.
Perception versus intent, or just bias led dogma?

The mission statement from the BLM site, doesn't scream unity, or equality to me Dave, it's more confrontational, and divisive. I see it as a politically motivated movement, that emphasises the wrong doings by some, in certain places, and promotes those actions as typical of all non blacks, everywhere. Other political movements have used similar tactics over the centuries to blame single sections of society for the failings of mankind in general. It's easier to persuade those who feel oppressed to 'follow the cause' if you point an accusing finger in the direction of an 'enemy', and shout 'it's their fault', than it is to explain that much of the fault lies with all sides, regardless of colour, creed etc. It's even easier when so called 'celebs' join the cause, some with altruistic intentions, others I suspect, with raising their personal public profile in mind.

John.
I'm assuming that the link I inserted was removed because of some 'internet thingy to do with tracking or something'. If so I apologise, and can only plead ignorance of such things.

John.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
No probs John, as long as you're not a cricketer who's having his career wrecked for a tweet he did as a teenager you'll be fine 🙈

JayD

Site Supporter
No probs John, as long as you're not a cricketer who's having his career wrecked for a tweet he did as a teenager you'll be fine 🙈
No need to worry about that Dave, the only tweets I knew as a teenager, came from our budgie.

John.

bluemack

Site Supporter
That's interesting. I knew about the Windrush but did not realise of any significant population before then. Knew about the Othello the Moor and the black Mercutio but never given it much thought. To me there was a second 'Windrush' just after the millenium where now the make up of cities has changed quite a bit with little Somalias etc. Wonder if in a couple of generations time youngsters will be talking Afrikaans? 😁
In a couple of generations mate we,ll all be talking Pakistani.:mad:

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
In a couple of generations mate we,ll all be talking Pakistani.:mad:
Not if you move out of Birmingham - White flight as they call it - happening and has happened in many areas. My aunts talking about moving from Hodge Hill these days.

62tucker

Site Supporter
There another cricketer under investigation about a tweet he made aged 15.
But there’s been sportsman done time and played on when released.

bluemack

Site Supporter
I would,nt be so sure mate the way things are going we will lose the country to them,it,s been slowly happening for years and
unless someone in power put,s a stop to it(very unlikely) then i reckon in 50 years or so we will be in the minority.
We are slowly giving control of our country away,have a look at various councils around the country and see who the top dogs are.
As an aside my sister lives in Hodge Hill a couple of hundred yards from the old Hunters Moon.