Anne Boleyn

nejohn

Site Supporter
Spot the difference..!! 21st century Anne Boleyn v the real Anne Boleyn.
Is it just me or is this not right in so many ways.
Just imagine the out cry if they made a film about Mohammed Ali and he was played by a White actor. I don't think I am being racist but surely if you are making a historical film you should look at being accurate. Is this just Channel 5 playing to the new woke generation
Anne-Boleyn-1443648.jpg

rd115

плак-плак
Site Supporter
Doing the wokey cokey and trying to re-write history. That's the world we live in now.

david white

Site Supporter
PC gone too far !
As suggested if a prominent coloured person was portrayed by a white actor/ess there would be Merry hell to pay, how the hell anyone with an iota of common sense can justify such crassness lord only knows

Donny Pete

Site Supporter
Spot the difference..!! 21st century Anne Boleyn v the real Anne Boleyn.
Is it just me or is this not right in so many ways.
Just imagine the out cry if they made a film about Mohammed Ali and he was played by a White actor. I don't think I am being racist but surely if you are making a historical film you should look at being accurate. Is this just Channel 5 playing to the new woke generation
Anne-Boleyn-1443648.jpg
Lass on the left looks like a right bit of fun, bet PG wouldn’t mind a dabble?

nejohn

Site Supporter
Historical correctness eh? So why do British churches portray Jesus as being white when he was born in the middle east?
Bit different though....we have pictures of Anne Boleyn and she is well documented....however we have no pictures of Jesus we assume he looked middle Eastern but given that it was a virgin birth we cannot be sure about his parentage.....you never know God might have been from Gateshead and spoke in a Geordie accent so maybe he was actually white....not so far fetched given the size of Gateshead's Jewish community 😉

Pompous git

Site Supporter
Lass on the left looks like a right bit of fun, bet PG wouldn’t mind a dabble?
Never been handsome enough to get fussy!

The Pakistani presenter Anita Rani said when little she and her sibling played `spot the brown person` in Bradford, suppose a white
presenter went to Brixton and said they played `spot the white man`? They would be drummed out of the media pretty damn quick.

Tristar

Site Supporter
Anne Boleyn was beheaded. Will that be in the script? I hope not, BLM won't be happy, the actors and actresses (sorry I used gender specific terms) will all be taking the knee in memory of her at rehearsals and the start of each scene.

This PC rubbish has gone too far now. I'm looking forward to Nelson Mandella being played by Ray Winston, Luther King played by Rowan Atkinson.

Yet more box ticking.

Not Now Kato

Site Supporter
Bit different though....we have pictures of Anne Boleyn and she is well documented....however we have no pictures of Jesus we assume he looked middle Eastern but given that it was a virgin birth we cannot be sure about his parentage.....you never know God might have been from Gateshead and spoke in a Geordie accent so maybe he was actually white....not so far fetched given the size of Gateshead's Jewish community 😉

If, as you say, we presume Jesus to be middle eastern, (a perfectly reasonable assumption), then why does the church portray him as white? Even images of God are portraied as a white bearded male! And did those feet, in ancient times, walk upon England's pleasant..... Actually , NO!

Colour is imaterial, or, more actually, it should be!

nejohn

Site Supporter
If, as you say, we presume Jesus to be middle eastern, (a perfectly reasonable assumption), then why does the church portray him as white? Even images of God are portraied as a white bearded male! And did those feet, in ancient times, walk upon England's pleasant..... Actually , NO!

Playing devil's advocate prove to me that God was not a white man with a beard.....or better still prove to me that God is an actual person of any race once you do this then your argument against Anne Boleyn not being white may have some credence but until then I am afraid God is what you want to make him or her....for me God might as well look like Mickey mouse as they are both characters of people's imagination, therefore if you want God to be white he will be white just the same as if you want him to be black, brown, yellow, green or blue. This is not the case with Anne Boleyn who was an actual person that no matter how much you want to be politically correct she was and always will be a white female that married Henry 8th, this is well chronicled and there are many portraits of the said lady and after an extensive search on our friend Google I can not find one portraits that shows her as even slightly tanned

rd115

плак-плак
Site Supporter

It's the loony left that seem to put colour at the centre of everything. I cared not a jot about skin colour until it was rammed down my throat every day by the PC media.

62tucker

Site Supporter
Born and bred in that area. The way they drive around bensham some think they are Jesus.
I nearly knocked a young Jew over the other week. Young lass waiting to cross road with about 7 kids and a lad about 4years old just stepped out. She had no control over them.
They are terrible drivers and Parker’s and all have massive people carriers with dents in.

jods

Site Supporter
Saw her do a interview on The One Show the other day. I would have bet my last pound somebody on MD's would moan about it. I would also bet none of you even watch it. The woke moan about one thing and the asleep moan about the woke. Somewhere in the middle we don't give a Flying! Lol!

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Saw her do a interview on The One Show the other day. I would have bet my last pound somebody on MD's would moan about it. I would also bet none of you even watch it. The woke moan about one thing and the asleep moan about the woke. Somewhere in the middle we don't give a Flying! Lol!
Not just MD's, there are many voicing their opinions on social media platforms regarding this subject.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
The issue now is many people who never paid heed to the colour of another's skin are now doing so as it has been forced to the forefront of daily life. Is that a good thing or bad?

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
We had a black lad ( can I say that ? Who knows these days ) in our secondary school. He was a lovely lad. Brilliant footballer. We just got on with him. He joined in and no one really took much notice of him. He was just .... ‘ one of the lads ‘. This is why I’m finding all this Black Lives Matter thing a bit bemusing. All lives matter. I’m over six foot tall have I to start a movement moaning about folk who have called me .... Lanky ... over the years ? For goodness sake. There’s worse things to worry about in this world. 🤷‍♂️