Anling Times Advanced semi Final woodlands Thirsk

Status
Not open for further replies.

peteblade

Blew out in the semi final yesterday at Thirsk! Drew Kestrel peg 24 and there were only 3 anglers on my bank ,Peg 22 near the corner, myself on 24, and peg 26 with six spare pegs to his right. At start of match I dropped down the left hand margin with a big lump of paste and the float buried, a four pound carp was no match for .19 and red hydro and was in the net within seconds. Good start I think and a little bit of pressure off. Feed my 13 mtr line with hemp and meat and my 9 mtr line paste with hemp and a few bits of paste. I drop in on my paste line using a 4*14 K C Carpa and the float buries. Fish bumped and I curse, ship back and rebait. Ship out float settles and buries and a four ounce carp is hooked. Change from red Hydro to black. More small carp. Feed more hemp trying to atract bigger carp. Bump more fish. Slacken Hydro off. More small carp. Big piece of paste. Small carp. Big piece of meat. Small carp. Tear my hair out. Small carp. Five hours later, 85 fish and 42lb 5oz, peg 22 42lb 10oz, peg 26 80lb !!!! We fished the same length with the same paste and I don't think he caught a stockie, all his fish were 2-4lb ish. The fish I caught had only been put in that morning and were obviously shoaled up, well thats my excuse, so in the end I didn't qualify for the final but enjoyed the day out.

Fisky

But Pete you were only telling me the other day how you were going to win it!!![:D]

nigel clark

unlucky pete. 2nd time in a week an end/corner peg done a big match!!!!! mmmmmmmmmmmmmm commercials

nigel clark

Pleasure Pete. Good thing with doing nights, can cruise the forums without being pestered!!!

peteblade

Heard about your sort! "Cruising the Forums" Ye, whatever you wanna call it!!!!

nigel clark

Fished at Izaak walton today, won it, Nigey is back. But the lad who won the Semi final you fished was there . Unfortunately he drew wrong pool for final and blew out.

Status
Not open for further replies.