Angry!

Status
Not open for further replies.

crowder

Today, i went fishing with my dad and a mate of mine, got there approx 8 am, 4 lakes were matched up, this wasnt a problem, as we arrived at our peg ( on a lake that was half being used as a match) the match fisherman started off fishing, about 1 hour in they started shouting and swearing, they got louder and louder until they finished when they were effing and blinding because of their weights, it ruined my day as i couldnt relax with those lot shouting, i know this does not relfect most match fisherman, and i am not tarring you all with the same brish, but it does paint a bad picture for the majority of sound fisherman.

midge99

Probably a club match use do tend to get this with small club matches as most of them are not serious match anglers.

back to basics

what mickes me off[:I] is the fact that the fisheries are putting most of the lakes out to match fishing i appreciate they need to earn a crust, however surley a little more consideration should be given to the pleasure anglers like yourselves,the arse holes you encountered today didnt catch much due to gobbing off all day[;)]

crowder

true, the worst culprit was this bloke who would cough his guts up then shout " f****** ell!" straight away!

thetraveller

Why go on the match lake in the first place?? There were 3 others to choose from.

crowder

if you read the post mate, all of them were matched up bar one, which was full, i had no choice. also it isnt a match lake. they just hold matches on all the lakes.

Last edited:

kendall17

i come from a club who has banter around the lake quite alot, my club as you say is not full of serious match anglers and most of them go for they day out [me included] i can see where you're coming from crowder it is off putting but what you have to realise is when fishing is hard there is not much else to do. but i do see your point

crowder

Originally posted by kendall17

i come from a club who has banter around the lake quite alot, my club as you say is not full of serious match anglers and most of them go for they day out [me included] i can see where you're coming from crowder it is off putting but what you have to realise is when fishing is hard there is not much else to do. but i do see your point

bt you have to admit screaming and swearing isnt acceptable?

Last edited:

kendall17

abit of cursing is acceptable but depends how much as for screaming i would have said something to the bailiff or fishery owner if they were over the top,

crowder

Originally posted by kendall17

abit of cursing is acceptable but depends how much as for screaming i would have said something to the bailiff or fishery owner if they were over the top,

obviously, swearing is part of most peoples everyday lives, but when your shouting it just puts people off, as i said it just gives our sport a bad name.

kendall17

but those who are there would be used to it? i agree it can do, but if you think about it football thugs dont really give football a bad name? shouting around the lake is bad again i agree if the match men keep it to a usual talking volume it's ok in my eyes as its quiet and most people around you can hear you,

crowder

no, at sherwood forest farm park. it was a small club match, im ure if they were preofessionals they would have been more civilissed, but it just ruined the peace ad quiet.

Gary McSheffrey

what do you expect fishing a commercial fishery? with matches on the other 3 lakes? a quiet day? on a weekend?

MarkV

aka Tigerbay
Site Supporter
Gary McSheffery !

What you doin on here ? You were doing great most of the season and then lost it.

drynet

formerly drynet
Originally posted by Tigerbay

Gary McSheffery !

What you doin on here ? You were doing great most of the season and then lost it.

hope his fishing is better than his football [:D][:D]

crowder

Originally posted by Gary McSheffrey

what do you expect fishing a commercial fishery? with matches on the other 3 lakes? a quiet day? on a weekend?

So your telling me, that if you go fishing ona weekend you expect to hear shouting and swearing?

BARRYBLOKE

Account Locked
Its a sad part of human nature and the way our sport has gone Crowder.
When we fished a lot of matches along canals and rivers then you had a natter and a laugh with the blokes in the next peg without being intrusive to everyone else.
These days your more often than not all sat round a commercial puddle and you will always get some not a nice chap with a gob like a bucket who wants to be the centre of attention.
If you want a weekends fishing with some peace and quiet mate I suggest respectfully that you change your choice of venues.

crowder

Originally posted by BARRYBLOKE

Its a sad part of human nature and the way our sport has gone Crowder.
When we fished a lot of matches along canals and rivers then you had a natter and a laugh with the blokes in the next peg without being intrusive to everyone else.
These days your more often than not all sat round a commercial puddle and you will always get some not a nice chap with a gob like a bucket who wants to be the centre of attention.
If you want a weekends fishing with some peace and quiet mate I suggest respectfully that you change your choice of venues.

funny you should say that mate me and my dad are joining the nottinghamshire anglers association hopefully, and want to get out on the rivers, canals, and natural ponds.

Status
Not open for further replies.