Angling Trust Tackle Guru Coarse Talent Pathway Now Open!

Angling Trust

RSS Feed
Entries are now open for the Angling Trust Tackle Guru Coarse Talent Pathway!

The Angling Trust Tackle Guru Talent Pathway involves high-level coaching about international angling from current and former England Internationals such as Matt Godfrey, Joe Roberts, Frankie Gianoncelli, Andy Bennett, and Bill Reynolds, and is used as the coaching and selection process for the England Under 15s team. At this year’s Inter-Regional Talent Pathway Final on the 9th of April, the England Management will select five young anglers to represent England in the 2022 World Championships taking place on the River Sava in Slovenia in August. Guru England U15s Coach, Matt Godfrey, told us “This year’s pathway will focus heavily on international style tactics that we’ll be looking at using in Slovenia. We’ll be using continental groundbaiting techniques with baits like bloodworm and joker, and will be focussing on rigs, tackle, prep and techniques that will likely be used in the World Championships in August.”

If you would like to be considered for selection for Angling Trust Tackle Guru Coarse Talent Pathway, please download and submit the application form on the Coarse Talent Pathway section of the Angling Trust website HERE.

The post Angling Trust Tackle Guru Coarse Talent Pathway Now Open! appeared first on Angling Trust.

Continue reading...

Fugley-fisher

Fishing the stour dorset, most probably!
Site Supporter
It's only 29 years to late for me to apply, waiting for the over 50's seniors pathway, keep waiting for call, also keep dreaming.

smiffy

Site Supporter
Partridge lakes, makins fishery, Ivy house lakes? Seriously angling trust. What the ****🤬
Are you really going to teach youngsters how to fish a Slovenian river by having them sit on an English commie?
You are having a bubble bath.

Total

Site Supporter
Partridge lakes, makins fishery, Ivy house lakes? Seriously angling trust. What the ****🤬
Are you really going to teach youngsters how to fish a Slovenian river by having them sit on an English commie?
You are having a bubble bath.
And charging them £60 for the privilege...FFS:LOL::ROFLMAO:.....Our angling authorities/coaching systems sadly haven't got a bloody clue...:(

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
When I was in a Junior Club (Starlets) I went on what sounds like a 'similar' thing with Alan Scotthorne, Will Raison, Mark Downes on canals, rivers and commercials.

Total

Site Supporter
When I was in a Junior Club (Starlets) I went on what sounds like a 'similar' thing with Alan Scotthorne, Will Raison, Mark Downes on canals, rivers and commercials.
And that turned out well, didn't it mate?:unsure::whistle::p:ROFLMAO:

Total

Site Supporter
Haha. I was going to say 'and look at me now!'. But it was the time of my life. I'm sure these young anglers will feel the same.
^^ Only teasing you mate...;)....You turned out alright for a Guru rep';)......

As alluded to above by Smiffy, by using the venues they intend to use at the very best it will give the youngsters an appreciation of B&J and nothing else....They need to gain experience on canals rivers etc or it will be like sending lambs to the slaughter......A few days practise before at said foreign venue to acclimatise ain't gonna cut the mustard....

Last edited:

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I don't disagree with that bit. We fished a Northern river I forget the name of with Alan Scotthorne. Deep and slow and on the pole. Can't remember much more about it.

mike fox

'Just Me and the Fish'
Site Supporter
And charging them £60 for the privilege...FFS:LOL::ROFLMAO:.....Our angling authorities/coaching systems sadly haven't got a bloody clue...:(
I couldn't agree with you more. The pathway to international fishing should begin with the under 12s being nurtured through club level then mentored by coaches to an acceptable standard, finally being selected for coaching in preparation for top flight angling. Isn't that what other sports do. Not that difficult is it?

Total

Site Supporter
I couldn't agree with you more. The pathway to international fishing should begin with the under 12s being nurtured through club level then mentored by coaches to an acceptable standard, finally being selected for coaching in preparation for top flight angling. Isn't that what other sports do. Not that difficult is it?
^^ Bang on.....(y).....As I said Mike.....Sadly, they couldn't organise a p' up in a brewery....:(

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
I don't disagree with that bit. We fished a Northern river I forget the name of with Alan Scotthorne. Deep and slow and on the pole. Can't remember much more about it.

How northern Steve ? Ouse ring a bell ?

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
How northern Steve ? Ouse ring a bell ?
I'm not sure it was all so long ago. But very good days for me. Problem is it was just one day at each venue with one of the top anglers, there's only so much you can do in a week. They basically ran through what they were doing, then you went off and fished and they'd come round and look at your rigs etc. 😁 I think you need a good junior club scene if talent is going to come through.