Not open for further replies.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Possibly but still not official ;)

MunchMyStump

Site Supporter
Mate if its for the Good of the sport and wellbeing of the Anglers who can Argue. And anyone who moans about it well be thankfull we can still at least Fish Local.
Amen to that (y)
Mrs. Munch is in a very stressful working environment, fishing gives her clarity and peace.
If the ability for her to fish was redacted then god help all of you on the forum.
I dare not contemplate my existence... Short probably...

- --- -- ... / .--. --- -. -.. / --- -. / .-- . -.. -. . ... -.. .- -.--

Total

Site Supporter
Fake news - nothing mentioned on the AT website, FB page or via email regarding the above

Couldn't find anything as you've mentioned about either.....(y)

Angling Trust

RSS Feed
1604354134140.png

Please Note. This is a fake post that has been circulating on Social Media and not from the Angling Trust.
Please delete and ignore. Our official updates on the Covid lockdown restrictions will appear on our main Facebook page and on our official website.

Thanks Jamie Cook CEO.

Silure

Site Supporter
Here in France Fishing is banned but hunters can still go out and hunt!!!!

G0zzer2

Site Supporter
I don't understand. The Original post IS from the Angling Trust website.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
I don't understand. The Original post IS from the Angling Trust website.

Yes Mac, you're correct unfortunately this one................
This was on a Barbel website i use.

View attachment 87176

Fake News - Dave
which was circulating on various social media sites yesterday wasn't, though quite why some idiot would want to set up a hoax like that to mis inform anlers is beyond me. :mad:

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
Yes Mac, you're correct unfortunately this one................

which cas circulating on various social media sites yesterday wasn't, though quite why some idiot would want to set up a hoax like that to mis inform anlers is beyond me. :mad:
Exactly why I thought it might have a bit of truth to it ☹️☹️

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
the thread should really be locked and everyone wait for a full announcement, and its not going to be today

everyone needs to show a bit of patience

rudd

Site Supporter
Not sure fishing is the issue?

Travel is an issue and the venue even more so.

Unless private (national trust + others) /MOD - beaches are owned by the crown and open to public use.
Piers - most have to pay someone to fish from ghem - non essential business.
Charters boats - non essential business.
Commercial/day ticket - non essential business.
Non profit club / syndicate are essentially private.
Club/syndicate run as a business, non essential business.
Council owned sections of canal/river or park lakes - can they ooen if other council facilities are closed?

Who would have thought fishing could cause issues! 😯

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
already got the pier posts here for walton, im a 24hr golden ticket holder and already we have other people with the same tickets saying "well can we still fish as we do not need to buy a ticket as we have one" that is what i mean about rules being interpreted in different ways, common sense dictates what should and shouldnt happen, same as i am 150yds from the pier so i walk there to fish so i do not need to drive so its not even the travel part.

its just easier to say a lockdown is a lockdown, close all non essential, curfew hours, thats it!

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
Right - I shall settle this once and for all - All forms of angling have been made illegal from 12:01 Hrs 5/11/2020 - Forever !

(Anyone wanting to sell off their kit - cheap send me a PM of what you have and l'll think about it). :sneaky:

Any changes to the above, must be a bonus. :D

rudd

Site Supporter
already got the pier posts here for walton, im a 24hr golden ticket holder and already we have other people with the same tickets saying "well can we still fish as we do not need to buy a ticket as we have one" that is what i mean about rules being interpreted in different ways, common sense dictates what should and shouldnt happen, same as i am 150yds from the pier so i walk there to fish so i do not need to drive so its not even the travel part.

its just easier to say a lockdown is a lockdown, close all non essential, curfew hours, thats it!
You over on the Naze!

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Update:

Status
Not open for further replies.