Angling Trust Seek Clarity on Angling during Lockdown-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angling Trust

RSS Feed
Angling Trust staff have been working hard over the weekend to ensure that angling in England can continue during the forthcoming lockdown. Unlike golf and tennis the government have not asked fisheries to close and their announcement and guidance makes clear that outdoor recreation at ‘parks and gardens’ and at ‘beaches and in the ‘countryside’ is to be deemed a legitimate reason for leaving home from November 5th. The travel guidance was updated yesterday and it seems that short journeys from home for these purposes are to be permitted. There are a number of other issues on which we are seeking clarification and a copy of our letter to the Secretary of State at DCMS can be downloaded below for those wanting to see more. We are hearing that the final regulations will not now be published until Wednesday but we will update everybody the moment we know more. We remain confident that we will still be fishing from Thursday so please be patient!

For details of current angling/Covid regulations in Wales please visit our Fishing In Wales website

Letter to Oliver Dowden Secretary of State DCMS

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Seems that way. Hopefully that’s deemed enough notice at work to book Monday off for a session 😂

ATTICUS FINCH

Looks like I'm going to be missing two club matches and they are both that were well worth fishing. Monk lakes no2 and Spring lake at Framfield fishery.
Both good bagging waters even at this time of year.
At the end of the day it's a minor inconvenience but it is in the best interest of all concerned.
You never know matches might still be allowed as we are using very stringent measures to ensure our safety.

Rick123

Site Supporter
Dave, if golfs out then maybe fishing will be too? I'd be so disappointed if it was.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Dave, if golfs out then maybe fishing will be too? I'd be so disappointed if it was.
Think golf is quite different as with the exception of very few places it's involves going to a club in similar way to a shop, gym, bar etc whereas fishing a river, the sea or public lake is no different is no different to walking by or swimming in a river, a lake or sea the sea. I don't think the fact you need equipment has any bearing but even if it did you could go for a kick about with a mate which obviously includes equipment as well so you could hardly sensibly rule out one but not the other.

That is of course based on logic which might be in short supply at the moment but surely to God they wouldn't be illogical to the point that you could sit by a bit of public water without a rod all day but you can't with one 😅

Fugley-fisher

Site Supporter
At the end of the day we fishermen are only a small minority of society, common sence dictates we look after the majority so it's easier to put in place a blanket rule rather than to set rules to individual activitys. So it would not surprise me if fishing is banned untill lockdown is over. Just so it's easier to police and there is no special arrangments to one activity and favouritism.

I for one will observe whatever rules are set and made clear, I'll be pissed off, board, and moan like girl that spat the dummy out if I can't fish. So I'm going tommow and Wednesday just in case.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
It would be a truly bizarre scenario if every angler in the country could sit by every public water all day but not fish it. That would be one of the daftest things I think I'd have ever heard lol

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
Looks like all matches are off as is Night fishing.

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
This was on a Barbel website i use.

1604354065822.png

Fake News - Dave

Last edited by a moderator:

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Sounds fair enough to me 👍🏻

Hopefully the dry mild weather that appears to just be a couple days away hangs around as long as it says it will as a bit of decent fishing will make lockdown a lot more bearable.

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
Mate if its for the Good of the sport and wellbeing of the Anglers who can Argue. And anyone who moans about it well be thankfull we can still at least Fish Local.

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
I wouldnt be Surprised if it weren't near the Mark though @Dave.

Status
Not open for further replies.