Angling Trust lobby Government to keep the country fishing

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
all these people saying well i can see my mate at teh pub but i cant have him and his girlfriend at mine unless i am having a séance to contact my aunt who cant come through as its too many people inside, just have a blanket ban, makes it much easier for people to understand and to enforce! no grey areas then

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
Thats the the thing Silver Fan, i love my fishing, been to a few matches recently and brilliantly run and all following the rules but you will always get someone bending/breaking/pleading ignorance to the rules so i prefer the approach of drawing a line in the sand and thats that, we all know where we stand then, unfair i know but makes the most sense to me

Silver fan 82

all these people saying well i can see my mate at teh pub but i cant have him and his girlfriend at mine unless i am having a séance to contact my aunt who cant come through as its too many people inside, just have a blanket ban, makes it much easier for people to understand and to enforce! no grey areas then
You would have thought so but look at the beaches back in the summer when the initial lockdown was lifted.

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
exactly my point, make the punishments harsh so rule breakers do not do it again and again that was the government relying on people using common sense, sadly there is a national lack of common sense!

Silver fan 82

Indeed, no student would be massively harmed by a month doing online lessons but a month of no business will kill a few more businesses 🙁
It's the same with the schools. The kids can still go to school with their mates but can't see them outside of school in a home environment?

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
exactly my point, make the punishments harsh so rule breakers do not do it again and again that was the government relying on people using common sense, sadly there is a national lack of common sense!

Yeah but make sure it applies to all Rule breakers not just the ones who the police Dont go Kneeling to.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
got to be honest and say fishing and all organised sports, even outside exercise should be banned, goes against a lot of things and i know any fishing i have done i have followed the rules but you will always get the odd few who ruin it so easiest way to stop that is make it a blanket ban, makes it easier to police/enforce as well, would have much harsher punishments for rule breakers as well, only way to get everyone to follow the rules, make the penalty harsh enough that people follow the rules.
I see your point but I think it is so clear now that outdoor activity is so low risk that even people abusing the rules on it will do very little harm so it's worth that tiny risk to keep that little bit more of the economy open.

Outdoor recreation being allowed will make a huge difference to my company for example as the first time round was crippling but as people can this time still use their boats it shouldn't be anywhere near as bad. Might be the difference that saves my job!

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
You could argue the specifics for ever and a day it doesn't make an apeth of difference to what you are being told other than to affect your own mental well being

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
so what would be your alternative suggestion? im not knocking you by the way but what is the alternative? only alternative i see is letting everyone do whatever they want and we just muddle through till we have a vaccine or it mutates into nothing important, that is the only logical answer i can come up with?
Indeed, no student would be massively harmed by a month doing online lessons but a month of no business will kill a few more businesses 🙁

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
You could argue the specifics for ever and a day it doesn't make an apeth of difference to what you are being told other than to affect your own mental well being

Have you got a lid to put on the Match fishing Question Dave ?

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Thats the the thing Silver Fan, i love my fishing, been to a few matches recently and brilliantly run and all following the rules but you will always get someone bending/breaking/pleading ignorance to the rules so i prefer the approach of drawing a line in the sand and thats that, we all know where we stand then, unfair i know but makes the most sense to me
I don't fish matches and I'm often the only bloke on a 5 acre water... theres no logical reason to stop fishing in that situation and its the same for many folks... its only matches that are potential infection hotspots... in which case if theres more than 2 blokes from different household's its banned anyway...

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I'm waiting to see what tomorrow brings once everyone has analysed and listed the bullet points and we all have the basics to work from and understand rather than trying to piece together bits that's we've taken in and applied our own emotions to

Silver fan 82

I agree. It's a lack of common sense or blatant rule breaking that doesn't help the rise in cases. I popped across the road to the corner shop. There were 4 customers in the shop including me. Only me and the shop keeper wearing a face covering.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
so what would be your alternative suggestion? im not knocking you by the way but what is the alternative? only alternative i see is letting everyone do whatever they want and we just muddle through till we have a vaccine or it mutates into nothing important, that is the only logical answer i can come up with?
I'd have personally stayed with local lockdowns so to just target the problem areas as seems unfair to close some unaffected rural areas or just do what they have done but include education in the lockdown as it reopening was a major contribution to the spike.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
According to the clinical experts education has little impact on projections - but that's nowt to do with fishing ;)

mike fox

'Just Me and the Fish'
Site Supporter
You guys could always take up FLY FISHING. I could teach you 'how to' under the guise of education ;)

alsur

Site Supporter
I don't think it will include tackle shops either. So you can go fishing (maybe) but can't buy anything to go fishing with might be the case. Existing kit + bread + worms it is.

Unless you cannot travel either.

Whatever happens I just hope the rules are clear.
I thought said shops can open for click and collect