Angling Times

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishing_mad

Hi,
if you collect the angling times you may notice that in the christmas edition in the front page it mentioned things that are going to be in future editions such as line ect... well last tuesdays (tuesday,28 January) it was supposed to contain a bait suppliment of the 50 best baits and guess what it didnt contain thats right you guessed it, it didnt have the bait suppliment in it did any of you notice this.

[:)]Fishing Mad[:)]

Matchlad

i did and it still cost 1.20 has the price gone up ?

rob

AlanP

'EastAngler'
Yes, the price has gone up. They explained why in one of the first January editions. Still a good read, even at 1.20 IMHO.

Didn't notice the Bait Section bit though, well spotted. I suppose it will turn up in a later edition.

AlanP

Simon R

Site Supporter
One thing I have noticed about Angling Times is that since they switched to publishing on a Tuesday the previous Sunday's matches are very rarely actually printed.

For instance last Tuesdays edition (28th Jan) had match results from 19th Jan in it - I already knew what these were.

Noticed the Mail has got a big banner on its front cover saying "Still Only 1" - the two of them can be so petty sometimes!

Simon

Chopper

Also noticed the same thing with the match results, who wants to read 2 week old results?

It was a lot better when it was out on a Wednesday and everything was recent. I prefer the 'Mail' and find the write ups a lot better and more accurate.

Lee Saville - Colmic Team Ossett

Individual 2002 World Club Champion, Zagreb - Croatia.
Individual 2002 Angling Times North East Region Winter League Champion.
2001 Embassy Division 1 National Team Champions.

www.colmic.com

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
the reason they moved the release date to the tuesday was an attempt to get more sales than the mail, talk of being petty is damn right, i've seen parts in the times where they said "unlike other weekly magazines" erm there's only one other isn't there??

The same with the mail though, they once said "we get the exclusives other weeklies don't" then the following tuesday it'll be in the times??

Ireally do get sick of it, like some of the sites you visit on the net they won't allow hyperlinking to other sites but they don't mind you linking from that site to theirs.

There's pleanty to go around so why get petty??

I'm not happy about paying extra but i'll pay it for now.

lets hope some of the content improves cos i'm sick of reading about carp, barbel, this star says use this or that & ireland this n that.

There's plenty of stuff out there surley they can find something new to write about??

Oh & lets hope the adverts don't start to take over like they did in some of the monthlies!

Alan

Just cos i ain't postin, it don't mean i ain't watchin

fishing_mad

well i e-mailed the editor and im going to recieve a complimentry gift for my inconvinience.and he said it will be printed in a later edition and it was a technical fault

fishing_mad

and also is it true if you microwave boilies instead of boiling them they float

Polepot

Poles
I missed the copy that justified a 20% increase. What were the reasons. I have bought nearly every issue since October 2001 but question its value at 1.20 per week.

Poles

Great info, great guys, great fun, thats Maggot Drowners

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
Yes microwaved boilies will float. But most of the flavour will get cooked out.

chill out go fishing

mike s

Try microwaving steel wool instead[:D].
On second thoughts, DONT
(Ask Newt on anglingforums about it instead[xx(])

Cumbria Angling Centre

AlanP

'EastAngler'
Poles

I'll have a look back through the last couple of weeks and see if I can find the reasons. From memory it was the normal sort of thing - wages, newsprint, distribution etc. all gone up and 1st price rise in years and years etc.

AlanP

Beebs

I bought AT last week, cover price 1.20, but when they scanned the barcode, the price came up as 1. I ran out of that shop like a scalded cat before I broke into another pound coin!!!!

scales

Vinny
Not being a carp angler myself I always skim quickly through the rubbish....sorry carp section of Angling Times and how many times do they need to show how to use popped up boilies ??...every week is the answer. Theres more to fishing with one bait for one fish.
PS, I like the Ireland section... so there !!

cheers,

Scales,

Every angler knows his Plaice.

mookie

mookie
[:D][:D][:D]

Hi all -- My heart was in my mouth in this weeks AT....thought the UK Tees chub record had gone.....2 brill 8lb chub.....thats fishing for ye.....[:D][:D]...

Cheers all......

MOOKSTER.....

Quote.....You Gotta have 'SOLE' to go fishin....yeee haa....[:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.