Angling Hall Of Fame

Deejay8

Site Supporter
The Americans love to celebrate success of people in many different fields of endeavour with a Hall Of Fame. The most famous is the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, but there are many others, covering American Football, Baseball, Ice Hockey, Swimming and countless more. If there was an Angling Hall Of Fame, who would you want to see inducted into it, and why? They can be of any field of angling, so game, sea and lure fishing as well as coarse fishing. Inductees can be from any time period, but need to have a significant past angling legacy, not just be the latest big thing. So for example, Tommy Pickering could be inducted due to his achievements over a long period of time, but Jamie Hughes couldn't yet, because although he is a very successful angler, he probably still has many more years to build his angling legacy.
So lets begin filling the virtual Angling Hall Of Fame.

Deejay8

Site Supporter
JW, Dick Walker, Issac Walton, Chris Yates, Clive Smith, Frank Barlow, Bob Nudd, Alan Scothorne, Dave Harrell.
A very good list of names. Some immediately obvious and rightly so. They have all made massive contributions to Angling. However, I particularly like the inclusion of Clive Smith, who I hoped someone would nominate, but I thought it might take a while before his name appeared. He was a fantastic angler and a hero of mine.

Deejay8

Site Supporter
Alan Scotthorne, Tom Pickering, Kevin Ashurst, Bob Nudd, Dick Clegg & Chefster
All good names, although I'd question Chefster. A Maggotdrowners legend and doing good things at the moment, but still to build his angling legacy. I would include him and everyone else on this site as an inductee of Maggotdrowning.com. This group would definitely be worthy of induction. As would Red Leader Dave Webster for providing us with this wonderful resource. I hope Chefster will qualify in a few years time. He's making a good start.