Angling Direct

BlueKoi

Bit annoyed with my last two orders from angling direct. I decided to buy the Touney Pro 16m Butt section (in their discontinued area) and on Friday I received a phex extension. What was annoying is that someone plastered a Butt sticker over the half-extension sticker. Anyway, I called them last Friday and they arranged a return. In a separate order I also ordered the #10 14.5 m section but, today the 16M Butt section arrived!! Again what is annoying is that someone plastered #10 section sticker over the #11 Butt 16M section sticker. Clearly, it appears that there were some funny goings-on in the warehouse/packing!

So in short:
Bought 16M section - half extension arrived
Bought 14.5 M section - 16M section arrived
Stickers on the poles were incorrect.

I tried to explain what happened to Angling Direct but, it appears that this was all too confusing. I even sent an email with pictures. I left it at them coming to collect the half-extension on Wednesday and then hopefully I'll get my refund or the correct section sent! I'm not holding my breath!

I have to be honest and say that this is the first time that I've had issues and have received a good service in the past. However, now that there is an issue it's clear that they don't employ anglers like you'd get down at your local tackle shop.

Cobweb

Site Supporter
I tried to explain what happened to Angling Direct but, it appears that this was all too confusing. I even sent an email with pictures. I left it at them coming to collect the half-extension on Wednesday and then hopefully I'll get my refund or the correct section sent! I'm not holding my breath!

I have to be honest and say that this is the first time that I've had issues and have received a good service in the past. However, now that there is an issue it's clear that they don't employ anglers like you'd get down at your local tackle shop.
I've had similar problems. Sometimes, I think we'd be lucky to find any experienced anglers at all at AD, but they do know how to sell stuff

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Could it be a customer in their shop playing silly buggers ? Swapping stickers around perhaps ? Does make your p##s boil though. Must admit AD at Scunthorpe ( old Chapmans angling ) have always been spot on with me.

GeeTee

Could it be a customer in their shop playing silly buggers ? Swapping stickers around perhaps ? Does make your p##s boil though. Must admit AD at Scunthorpe ( old Chapmans angling ) have always been spot on with me.

they are really good there. Hull, okay, but Scunthorpe really good. I’m not sure I’d trust them for mail order.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
they are really good there. Hull, okay, but Scunthorpe really good. I’m not sure I’d trust them for mail order.
Basically AD at Scunthorpe is the old Chapmans angling staff that AD kept on. I think they are all anglers. I guess that’s the difference. I’ve always found them helpful, courteous and knowledgeable. Nice set of lads. A credit to AD now.

alsur

Site Supporter
I've Guildford a few times and they are helpful and are anglers.

Carp attack

Basically AD at Scunthorpe is the old Chapmans angling staff that AD kept on. I think they are all anglers. I guess that’s the difference. I’ve always found them helpful, courteous and knowledgeable. Nice set of lads. A credit to AD now.
Decent lads at AD, jonny, neil, an the old chap ( forget his name 🙈 ) always very helpful,, never had any issues with the store an with it been only 2 mins from my house in the car is a bonus! 😁,
For bait maggots an casters I do prefer Scunthorpe tackle, Graham's always spot on with his bait, another top bloke an angler, known him since been a kid, very knowledgeable an knows local waters inside out,, would say were lucky to have both shops available in Scunthorpe,

Cobweb

Site Supporter
Always found Chapman's Angling guys very helpful, and knowledgeable. My local AD at Sittingbourne isn't up to those standards sadly, but I met the guy in that shop who AD bought out and he definitely was an angler

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Decent lads at AD, jonny, neil, an the old chap ( forget his name 🙈 ) always very helpful,, never had any issues with the store an with it been only 2 mins from my house in the car is a bonus! 😁,
For bait maggots an casters I do prefer Scunthorpe tackle, Graham's always spot on with his bait, another top bloke an angler, known him since been a kid, very knowledgeable an knows local waters inside out,, would say were lucky to have both shops available in Scunthorpe,
Scunthorpe tackle .... is that the smaller shop in the precinct ? I parked outside but, I don’t think I was supposed to. I think there’s a carp park around the back isn’t there ? Lovely chap to deal with. 👍

Carp attack

It's the shop on, i think mary street, yeah car park is behind it,, Graham actually bought the business off my nan & grandad, 👍,
Always trys his best to offer best price of larger items of tackle an can sometimes get a item quicker than AD,

GeeTee

The shop Mary Street is a really good shop too. Not been for a while, brought my fist proper seat box from there.

Ken the Pacman

Site Supporter
I can remember sitting discussing Grahams entry into the tackle trade a good few years ago in a hotel in Enniskillen we used to share with the other scunny lads.
I thought it might be a bad idea going up against Chapmans at the time but he seemed to be doing ok last time we spoke which was a few years ago.

Carp attack

I can remember sitting discussing Grahams entry into the tackle trade a good few years ago in a hotel in Enniskillen we used to share with the other scunny lads.
I thought it might be a bad idea going up against Chapmans at the time but he seemed to be doing ok last time we spoke which was a few years ago.
He has more than held his own,, just wish he would stock guru hooks! 😂 knows his stuff,

feldri

Site Supporter
He's a Drennan stockist since a couple of years ago. I used to use Chapmans when they were a single unit, but then the carp gear burst onto the scene and they expanded into 4 units and then into Hull. Their coarse fishing tackle seemed to disappear as did their live bait.
Have used Scunthorpe Tackle for quite a few years now and Graham is brilliant. He'll get anything you want if he hasn't already got it and very knowledgeable about local waters. Often see him on the cut at Godnow Bridge in Crowle on a Sunday.
His bait is the best in the area, I believe he gets deliveries on a Monday and a Thursday. I always thought he bought the business off the Chinese lady that used to run it before him.
As an aside, there used to be another shop called Dan's Peg & Tackle in the entrance to the car park opposite the market place in Ashby, He did decent bait too. Very small shop but again, he would get whatever you wanted.

Carp attack

He's a Drennan stockist since a couple of years ago. I used to use Chapmans when they were a single unit, but then the carp gear burst onto the scene and they expanded into 4 units and then into Hull. Their coarse fishing tackle seemed to disappear as did their live bait.
Have used Scunthorpe Tackle for quite a few years now and Graham is brilliant. He'll get anything you want if he hasn't already got it and very knowledgeable about local waters. Often see him on the cut at Godnow Bridge in Crowle on a Sunday.
His bait is the best in the area, I believe he gets deliveries on a Monday and a Thursday. I always thought he bought the business off the Chinese lady that used to run it before him.
As an aside, there used to be another shop called Dan's Peg & Tackle in the entrance to the car park opposite the market place in Ashby, He did decent bait too. Very small shop but again, he would get whatever you wanted.
He bought the business from my Nan & Grandad,, she is Malaysian,
They also had another shop in leeds, JT Rodgers if I'm correct?
They supplied maggots to loads of shops in the Lincolnshire area back in the day, they had a maggot farm on the outskirts of goxhill near barton,, good old days looking back! 😍👍