ANGLING DIRECT

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I'd be surprised if any retailer checked the goods out thoroughly looking for potential failures and faults other than a cursory glance whilst packing them.
Even less if the item is already packaged by the manufacturer.

Total

Site Supporter
I'd be surprised if any retailer checked the goods out thoroughly looking for potential failures and faults other than a cursory glance whilst packing them.
Funny story behind an experience with that!:giggle:....Received a tip rod with one of the tip eyes on one of the quivertips whipped on 90 degrees to the other eyes! :oops::ROFLMAO:

When I sent a photo of said quivertip I suggested via an :cool:.....The recipient had a good laugh and sent me two new quivertips as a way of apologising for said mistake....10 years later I still use that supplier...:)(y)

Cobweb

Site Supporter
Practicalities and expediency often get in the way of good customer relations. In both theory and practice, the continued success and growth of your business will be affected by how well you handle complaints from your customer base. Reducing the number of possibilities of that is good management. However, manufacturing faults are often undetectable and appear only through user experience despite good product quality management. Even so, in my view, that is still no reason to further unnecessarily inconvenience customers who are seeking redress.

richox12

If AD have refused to be involved and you must return it to Preston's yourself then that is illegal. If AD have said it must go back to Preston's and you have to take it to AD and they in turn return it for you then they are doing their bit. Two totally different scenarios.

NickNewman

It really depends. 30 day warranty is just that. After that warranties lie with the manufacturer. Same with graphics cards, such I know it's tech but the warranty is always clear, 30day with the store, 2-5 years depending on the manufacturer. If the store doesn't have an agreement with the manufacturer to manage warranty claims, then it gets sent to the manufacturer. It's standard procedure.

richox12

You have 6 months. 30 days applies to the right of a refund. Thereafter ,and within 6 months, it can be any of refund, repair or replacement.

DAF 3600

Thanks lads, away for 2 weeks then the reel goes back, i will never buy anything again with a preston label on it. When i bought the 2 reels i allso bought two tyson rods and a rod holdall to carry the two rod setup. OK Preston's won't lose any sleep over my decision but it realy is a case of were massive and you are not allowed to have an opinion or be treated as a valued customer. Will report back on outcome.