Angling Clubs

MaxGwill

Looking to Join an Angling club around the North West in the New Year. I have two clubs local to me, Lymm and Warrington, but I'm unsure where to go. Anyone on here a member of either, and suggest which I should go for? Just looking for somewhere with a few waters good for pleasure angling on the pole or feeder, and hopefully start fishing some club matches.

Cheers

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
I am in both,
WAA have weekly matches on the canal, woodshaw res and the mersey. Venues vary, Lymm no longer have a match section as such, The oaps have or had mid week matches on both club waters and commercials.
The Belmont estate complex on the Lymm card has undergone a revamp and will be ready to fish early next year from what I am aware. The smaller pools on there would be ideal for what you are looking for,
Both clubs have good waters for pleasure and specimen fishing, WAA has grey mist ,moore quarry ,walton (appleton)res to us locals, ackers pit, in warrington area.
I would say Lymm have more waters local to warrington area, Lake lane(3), belmont complex(5) ,village pool ,grimsditch pool.founders,horseshoe and farm pool but not the canal that is on WAA card, Lymms stretch is more Runcorn area.
Cost wise Lymms card is a family card a new pricing structure coming in place, also a waiting list, check website for details. warrington is individual,

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
I am in both, check Lymms website for pricing structure also a waiting list is being introduced for next year as far as I am aware.
WAA has matches on Bridgey, Mersey,Woodshaw Res various times of the year,also xmas match.
Lymm no longer have weekly matches ,I used to run them, the oaps have/had midweek matches on both club and commercials.
Lymm has more waters local to warrington area,
Lymms membership is both a family card and night card, WAA is individual and separate night card.
The Belmont complex at Budworth on Lymm card has undergone a revamp and will be ready early next year, that will suit your style of fishing as well.

nutmeg

Site Supporter
Checkout the Northwich angling, and also Winsford angling, clubs. Both are good value for money. Both have an active match section. And also dont have over complicated numerous options of membership that Lymm has it seems.
Tight lines.

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
Also give Bay Malton a look,
They have connections as well to three commercials where you get 10 free visits per commercial, so at average day ticket £8 that's £240 saved if you use all free visits up.after that of you wish to still go to commies you pay a day ticket. I think its £80 to join Bay Malton,
They have the Border Complex near Crewe, Lymm Dam and numerous waters around north west.
The commercials are Dunham Fishery near Dunham Park. Home Farm in Alsager and one near Wilmslow.
They also have matches.

MaxGwill

Thanks all, looks like there are a few more for me to look at then! Lymm looks out of the question even though there are more options I'd really like to get into some match fishing.