Angling Ban on Grafham Water

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Site Supporter
Yes. Not year round then:rolleyes:
Put a balanced point of view forwards and one that tries to see things from all perspectives and what do you get? People trying to pick holes in it, just love forums sometimes.......

12 months in a year i think, next..........

Note to self for next time, either sign it blindly or ignore it and don't get involved.

Last edited:

Flathead

Site Supporter
AW probably make more money from the bike hire franchises that they do from fishing.

they are not going to restrict walkers and cyclists as these visitors spend so much on cafes, car parking, bike hire etc.

Closing Grafham dam to angling will be the end of bank fishing as it is, by far, the most popular area….and the best fishing year round.

JLK

Let's be honest. If anglers are back casting in and around what is normally a public walkway thenit was /is only a matter of time before someone got hooked and in reality they have only themselves to blame. I wouldn't ship back knowing someone was behind me while fishing on a tow path so why would anyone back cast while people are walking past?

Flathead

Site Supporter
Let's be honest. If anglers are back casting in and around what is normally a public walkway thenit was /is only a matter of time before someone got hooked and in reality they have only themselves to blame. I wouldn't ship back knowing someone was behind me while fishing on a tow path so why would anyone back cast while people are walking past?
Problem is…..if you are fishing down on the dam you can not see if anyone is behind you..There is a wall at the back of the dam and, unless, someone lets you know they are or they are standing close to the wall you just do not see them.

people have been fishing from the dam since the reservoir opened so why stop it now?