Angling Awards For Kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe32

Going on from my help required topic.
Somebody may be able to tell me otherwise,it seems to me that angling as an organisation is sadly lacking in a couple of area's,mainly you see everybody saying there are not enough kids coming into the sport.
My two kids do a number out of school activities and in every one there in a system in place to recognise their ability and the level which they have acheived ie belts,netball awards,soccer skills award.
Why as alledgedly the biggest participation sport in this country dont we have a similar system,I'm sure tha NFA could organise and administer such a system maybe sponsored by one or more tackle company.The NFA only exists on the backs of angling as do all the tackle companies and with out anglers both will have a tough time surviving,and I wouldn't think it was to much to ask if they could put something back into the sport that has made them what they are

Example: NFA Basic anglers award or Daiwa advanced angler.

Not only would it give the kids something to aim for and also it would ensure the children are of a safe standard for themselves and for the fish they catch. It would also show angling clubs and fishery owners that they have reached a certain level of compatence which would be reassuring to clubs and owners to know there stock will be well cared for.I have considered giving the kids a certificate at the end of the course they are about to do but it seems pointlesss as it has no real meaning except of course to the children.

Something to think about maybe!

Joe [:D] [:D]

Don't argue with an idiot they will only bring you down to there level and beat you on experience

mike s

I think that Improve Your Coarse Fishing's "Monthly Mission" is a good start but it would be good if the NFA could run something similar on a non-commercial basis.

Cumbria Angling Centre

AlanP

'EastAngler'
Joe

Give the kids a Certificate, it may only mean something to them as you say, but that's the main point isn't it?

In my experience kids love things like that (unless they are stroppy teenagers [:D]). They will feel pride in what they achieve and it will act as a reminder in the future.

Congratulations btw, it's nice to hear about things like this. I'll add a few bits and pieces to the kit list when I have a sort out in a week or so.

AlanP

joe32

Yeah I agree with you mike that the mission badge system is a great idea but it doesn't recognise abillity.
I'm sure that the NFA with there coaches could maybe visit a venue once every two months,maybe one venue per region and conduct a competence test,maybe even get one of the big names in angling to endorse the scheme,I am sure Bob Nudd or Alan Scothorne Maybe able to spare some time once in a while and it would be good for there sponsorship companies to be seen to be supporting this scheme.And it's got to be good for angling.
I think I'll give the kids a certificate of some sort Alan,just to recognise how well they have done ,as you say they will appreciate it.It would just be nice for it to have some level of meaning nationalaly.
Also thanks for the offer of support Alan,It's amazing the amount of support I have received from the guy's on MD.Thank you so much for your help.

Joe [:D] [:D]

Don't argue with an idiot they will only bring you down to there level and beat you on experience

Status
Not open for further replies.