Angling Auteurs

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
😂😂😂😂😂

An auteur (/oʊˈtɜːr/; French: [otœʁ], lit. 'author') is an artist, usually a film director, who applies a highly centralized and subjective control to many aspects of a collaborative creative work; in other words, a person equivalent to an author of a novel or a play.

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
😂😂😂😂😂
As you were
could be someone who invented a way of fishing or whose style influenced a technique which was to become popular? I am not so up on angling history to be able to pick out names myself. I replied to the above

matt

Site Supporter
Ok, since Andy Findlay has been mentioned above, I remember fishing a match at Makins Phase 1 years ago and Andy absolutely battered the match on the Method.... after the match I went up to him and asked him how he fished it.... his reply was “I just cast out and it kept on going round”
I’m sure there’s a little bit more to it than that! :ROFLMAO:

robert d

Site Supporter
Ok, since Andy Findlay has been mentioned above, I remember fishing a match at Makins Phase 1 years ago and Andy absolutely battered the match on the Method.... after the match I went up to him and asked him how he fished it.... his reply was “I just cast out and it kept on going round”
I’m sure there’s a little bit more to it than that! :ROFLMAO:
He does just use pellets 95% or more ,plain ones and 4 or 6 on the hook ,occasionally wafters . Watched a video on him the other day ,unless hes keeping something from us 😆

matt

Site Supporter
He does just use pellets 95% or more ,plain ones and 4 or 6 on the hook ,occasionally wafters . Watched a video on him the other day ,unless hes keeping something from us 😆
Please bear in mind that this was back in 2002/2003 before YouTube existed! :ROFLMAO:

Plus his casting was the most accurate I have ever seen!

baggy

Mark Saunders
He tends to fish expanders on the hook instead of hard pellets

squimp

Site Supporter
I think we all need to go out fishing! :ROFLMAO:
I went fishing today and blanked.

Does that make me ‘auteur of my own downfall’ ?

Or do I have to make a film about it first ? It would be seriously boring. Maybe ‘film noir’ rather than a ‘thriller’.

robert d

Site Supporter
I went fishing today and blanked.

Does that make me ‘auteur of my own downfall’ ?

Or do I have to make a film about it first ? It would be seriously boring. Maybe ‘film noir’ rather than a ‘thriller’.
Your just auteuristic 😇

Foul hooked

Ivan Marks. apart from being one of the first match angling celebrities he totally debunked the image of the "gentleman" angler as depicted in their tweeds etc.

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Some good ones so far. I reckon you don't have to be an inventor to be an auteur, just someone with style. I reckon if you can do a 'My Life in Angling' video on Youtube you're probably an auteur. Ironic I make this thread here though, as when I posted on a film forum called The Auteurs I argued against the auteur theory and got the site name changed to MUBI along with a group of others.

If you get the chance, read 'My life Barbelling' by Scribe, quite a short book is the initial print, but one hell of a rollercoaster read.