Anglers to challenge Brexit bait ban

rudd

Site Supporter
Fished near pau mate
The airport is joint military.
Flew in on Ryan air and when landing looked like the Foreign Legion were practicing an all out helicopter assault.

The Foreign legion - Frances best - because the French cant fight 😂😬😂😬😂😬😂😬 (unless from Marseilles). 😉

rudd

Site Supporter
The airport is joint military.
Flew in on Ryan air and when landing looked like the Foreign Legion were practicing an all out helicopter assault.

The Foreign legion - Frances best - because the French cant fight 😂😬😂😬😂😬😂😬 (unless from Marseilles). 😉
Translation of Marseiiles = Leeds on Sea 😯

Marker50

Site Supporter
Yea.stopped at orleons most times.
Brill all you can eat and drink chinese.
Think was 15euro each

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
The headline is very sensationalist,inaccurate and tbh with it the AT lose a bit of credibility.

Nothing to do with anglers challengjng the ban at all and in reality "we" will have no say or involvement.
This is purely a commercial and legislative requirement that is the by-product of changes driven by Brexit.
The bait companies will have to conform and if they don't that is the commercial decision they have to make.

The only impact on anglers would be if they took live baits and things such as unmarked groundbaits,which in a lot of countries would be subject to control/scrutiny anyway.

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
Jamie Cook, Angling Trust CEO and keen carp angler, added:
“It’s ridiculous that fishing baits for a species that is returned alive are being treated as if they were part of the food production process.

What is worrying for us is the man at the top has released a statement without it seems looking into all what is behind the ruling.
It's not just about potentially putting animal feeds into the human food chain but also the transfer of materials between countries.

Something which our government should also be doing anyway.
BSE anyone?

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
Your natives will start to get restless again when it really sinks in that Germany are your puppet masters and we are not there to fight your corner.

Oh sorry looks like they already are

rudd

Site Supporter
The headline is very sensationalist,inaccurate and tbh with it the AT lose a bit of credibility.

Nothing to do with anglers challengjng the ban at all and in reality "we" will have no say or involvement.
This is purely a commercial and legislative requirement that is the by-product of changes driven by Brexit.
The bait companies will have to conform and if they don't that is the commercial decision they have to make.

The only impact on anglers would be if they took live baits and things such as unmarked groundbaits,which in a lot of countries would be subject to control/scrutiny anyway.
Technically any angler taking fishing equipment out of UK to EU will need customs declarations - same coming back.
An ATA Carnet or duplicate list is best option.

JLK

This isn't about France Lee, t's about taking baits into Europe of which there are another 27 countries that this applies to.

Let's keep this on topic instead of turning this into an insult show. 👍🏻

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
France not in Europe then.
That's one outcome of Brexit I never expected. 😂😂

Ftr I was originally responding to a residents of France's obvious dig of the UK's Brexit 😉

JLK

@tipitinmick

There isn't one strong enough mate 🤪 and even if there was it will be subject to new legislation to get it here under the new rules and then the price of the prescription would be £20 due to Brexit and all that la la la la la...😂
@Dave
I'm not French. I was only fooling. Thought I'd get Rudd squirming a bit. Which he did slightly 👍🏻😃

nejohn

Site Supporter
So let me get this right if I wanted to fish in France I could not take baits with me that were originally manufactured in Belgium because they would be against EU regulations...... So how did they manage to get them through EU customs to sell in the UK.
As has been said a case of certain customs officers acting like knobs....
I do hope that UK customs officers are confiscating a load of packed lunches on this side of the channel.... After all we don't want any dodgy food entering our food chain do we?

JLK

Haven't they banned red and certain yellow groundbaits,/dyes now. I never used them but I'm sure my mate said that you can't get those yellow dynamite cool water feed micros anymore because the dye is banned?