Anglers Paradise

Status
Not open for further replies.

sadcarluk

Hi all i am off to anglers paradise and i would like some hints and tips on how is the best way to approach the waters there and what bait to use. Any advice wuld be gratley recieved.

mangrojack

dog biscuits on beginners carp lake,

halibut pellets and boilies over big spodded area of pellets for carp and cats on the main carp lake.

but if im honest you could catch fish on a bare hook the place is superb, anything in particular u want to no pm me

sadcarluk

could you please let me know the depthes of the lakes and what bait do they sell on site, and allso i would love to hear about what you caught when you were there?

Mermaid

Calamity Lin
Site Supporter
The fishing like the accomodation is excellent you're going to love it! - I'm off there again in September this will be my 4th year running!

WORD OF WARNING: What out for Zyg's home made wine it's absolutely lethal! - 2 glasses = 1 day's lost fishing!

Fishing:
Easy Access lake:
Good lake, but the only easy bit is the access to it! Caught carp to 16lb on there with Scource and pineapple boilies. It's great to watch the small fish scarper when the cat's are about.

Beginners Carp Lake:
Great fun to be had on there catching on pellet, sweetcorn or luncheon meat, - not giants but they fight like stink.

Octo*****:
Hard lake but the fish are there but need some coaxing out.

Main Carp Lake:
Only fished it once had a few carp out to 8lb.

Specimen Tench:
Caught a few nice Golden Tench out of that lake on sweetcorn.

Specimen Carp Lake:
Had a few carp out of that lake largest topping the scales at 31lb caught on glugged* hair rigged halibut pellets with lobworm on the hook - bit of elastic band to stop it wriggling off. (*Glugged in halibut oil for 3 months before the holiday) Lost a catfish at the net last year when doing an overnighter.

Bait Hut on site sells a good range of baits and tackle and the guy in there (whose name temporarily escapes me) is very helpful.

Zyg has also opened a few new lakes this year which I'm going to have a look at these include a Predator Lake - cats and Perch, A Big Boys Lake for carp, and 2 Trout Lakes.

Eating out: Try the Junction Inn which is just up the road. Prices very reasonable and very filling.

Thom

Phil i reckon you should oragnise next years trip down there i like the sound of it!

mangrojack

i had carp to 27lb out of the speci carp lake on double sbs m1 boilie and catfish to 28lb 9oz on 22mm halibut pellet over a large spodded area of pellets soaked in salmon oil.

i was thinking about it thom butit cost us nearly 2000 for 8 of us kast time we went mate.

if i was u id take as much bait and tackle as you can because the shop is very expensive and very limited for the match angler anyway

Last edited:

sadcarluk

thankyou for you help in making my trip an enjoyable one i will let you know how i got on when i am back, i go on the 30th and back on the 7th july.
I will make sure i stay well clear of zykks wine lol

i just so want to beat my PB wich is 16lb 2oz carp so heres hoping and praying

mangrojack

if i was you id set your stall out on easy access, main carp lake and speci carp lake.

fish double boilies i think you have a good chance of breaking it, also have a go surface fishing if its warm

Status
Not open for further replies.