Anglers paradise

muggins

paste man
Site Supporter
I'm off on holiday in 6 weeks time and I will only be fishing the coarse lakes (not bothered about speci carp or cats)
The lakes I will be targeting are the ones where poles are allowed. There are some strange rules though. Minimum of 4lb line (that's okay) BUT minimum size 10 hook!
Question is which size 10 hook would be best suited. I don't think they do a fine wire in a 10 lol. Can anyone suggest a decent size 10 hook that's got a reasonable gauge, I don't want anything too thick! Any advice much appreciated

satinet

Site Supporter
The b911 F1 hook is pretty fine. Don't know if it goes up to 10 though.

muggins

paste man
Site Supporter
The b911 F1 hook is pretty fine. Don't know if it goes up to 10 though.
I don't think they go up to that size. Nice hook though. I might have to trawl round the tackle shops and have a look at what's on offer. I'm thinking of something the bream anglers use in Ireland. I wouldn't think they would be too thick.

solwood

Site Supporter
Looks like they have increased the minimum hook size it used to be size12. (Its what I used in April)

Get the budget ticket it's worth it

On the last day there I set myself 2 fish from 2 swims I had not fished that holiday on all the 4lb line lakes

Pixie
Magic
Float
Tench
Mystery
Beginers carp,

Quickest I have completed is 4 hours, despite getting sidetracked by a white koi in Pixie for half an hour

They are not hook shy

solwood

Site Supporter
Hooks Drennan wide gape pellet in a 10 would work

Most lakes have rogue fish so dont need fine wire

muggins

paste man
Site Supporter
Looks like they have increased the minimum hook size it used to be size12. (Its what I used in April)

Get the budget ticket it's worth it

On the last day there I set myself 2 fish from 2 swims I had not fished that holiday on all the 4lb line lakes

Pixie
Magic
Float
Tench
Mystery
Beginers carp,

Quickest I have completed is 4 hours, despite getting sidetracked by a white koi in Pixie for half an hour

They are not hook shy
Cheers for that I will be getting a budget ticket, looking forward to it, What's the rules regarding landing nets? I've seen all sorts of minimum sizes quoted

satinet

Site Supporter
Cheers for that I will be getting a budget ticket, looking forward to it, What's the rules regarding landing nets? I've seen all sorts of minimum sizes quoted
Think you only need a largen net on the big fish lakes.

Personally I think size 10 is poor rule. I rarely go that big at places like boddington even.

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
We are going again in October. I’m really looking forward to it.

Size 10 is a bit of an extreme rule but I’ve always caught plenty. As @solwood says they are not hook shy. Agree with him on those lakes too, they are great fun. Any landing net is OK on those lakes. 42” on the carp and cat lakes. I’m also planning to fish the main koi lake this year.

solwood

Site Supporter
Actually rule is 32" on those lakes now.

I just have a pan net and a 32" set up and use the appropriate net. Keeps the team happy and easier to land and unhook smaller fish.

The rules are based on many inexperienced anglers fishing there

muggins

paste man
Site Supporter
Phoned Anglers Paradise, told them the lakes that I would be fishing:
Pixie
Magic
Float
Tench
Mystery
Beginners carp

I was told a 24" net would be okay on these lakes, so just ordered a cheapish Dinsmore 24" net off amazon and I'll be good to go

Me and my lad

Site Supporter
I'm off on holiday in 6 weeks time and I will only be fishing the coarse lakes (not bothered about speci carp or cats)
The lakes I will be targeting are the ones where poles are allowed. There are some strange rules though. Minimum of 4lb line (that's okay) BUT minimum size 10 hook!
Question is which size 10 hook would be best suited. I don't think they do a fine wire in a 10 lol. Can anyone suggest a decent size 10 hook that's got a reasonable gauge, I don't want anything too thick! Any advice much appreciated
Trabucco 808 are in a 10