Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Just got this:

Angler 'stuffed competition fish with 7lbs of lead pipe'

A Canadian allegedly tried to con angling competition judges by stuffing over 7lbs of lead into the mouth of a salmon he caught.

He was taking part in the Great Ontario Salmon Hunt which runs until next weekend.

The Hamilton man is facing fraud charges.

Police say he cut up seven-and-a-half pounds of lead piping and stuck it in the fish's mouth.

The Toronto Sun says the salmon then weighed in at 34 pounds - enough for a 4,000 prize.

One of the sponsors said: "We have strict regulations and the fellow who got him is testament to the checks and measures that take place."

Hundreds of anglers are hoping to land the 416,000 grand prize fish before the contest ends on Saturday.

icon_smile_shock.gif Dave

MALC

And to think i thought it was bad when people try to weigh in a pint of hemp and casters with there catch.
quote: Hundreds of anglers are hoping to land the 416,000 grand prize fish before the contest ends on Saturday.
But with that sort of money on the table it's a whole new ball game!!!!!!!!!

Malc
Fish with Friends @ MaggotDrowning.com

G

Dave i can recall a couple of times up here when anglers have put "foreign objects"into the fishes gut, sea angling comps, one of the oldest clubs in my area even went to the lengths to buy a METAL DETECTOR!!!!!!,any abnormal looking fish ie bulges from the belly where checked, at most the payout was approx 250,

Needless to say the anglers caught were never allowed to fish the comps again, in fact they were blackballed,

i'm going to bait up
Andy

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
I know an angler who stuffs 500lb of groundbait into his fish icon_smile_wink.gificon_smile_big.gif

Alan

I'll have a fiver on the black un

martin.

Account Locked
alan
you should not tell everyone red leaders & andys secrets

tight lines.
martin.
talk fishing flip football

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Teepee

he only got his black balls when his wife found out he'd spent 1000 on bait n tackle for the Elvington weekend icon_smile_big.gif

Martin
How can it be a secret when it took them a month to get all the bait out that he'd piled into Sandhurst Lake (Yateley) icon_smile_wink.gif

Poor old Al (Stoney) nearly lost the RMC waters cos of that, the bailiffs reckoned the carp were walking across the groundbait banks & scaring the cormorants icon_smile_big.gif

Alan

I'll have a fiver on the black un

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
OI TROGGY !!! icon_smile_big.gif

I'll have you know that as a result of that weekend I secured a lucrative contract with the Royal Engineers.
Saying that it took me a couple of days longer than estimated to re-train them and change their way of thinking - exit the Bailey Bridge, enter 500 x 1lb balls of groundbait

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.