angler found dead in ribble

Status
Not open for further replies.

dry nets

apprentice stormtrooper
Site Supporter
todays local paper reports of an angler drowning in the ribble.
the man ,of polish nationality,was swept away at 11pm. hhmmmmmm i wonder [:(!]

Towpath Tyke

What was the person who saw him swept away at 11pm doing themselves at the side of the Ribble at that time of night???

Last edited:

dry nets

apprentice stormtrooper
Site Supporter
he pushed him..
there was two of them ,one got to safety

little_roach

Bazzer
Apparently there were 2 of them fishing a stretch in Penwortham that is rarely (if ever) fished. They had waded out and the tide caught them out, one made it the other didn't. From Blackpool I believe and only 26. I can only assume that if he bought is permit from a shop the dealer didn't offer to sell him a tide table, assuming he had a permit?. Very tragic the lad will have a family somewhere.

rsbrett

Resident Expert.
Read it here before.

I take it every foreign angler on these shores are poaching then?

Towpath Tyke

No! I like them deep fried!! Only joking, no not all are poachers!!! but a small percentage are.

Last edited:

rsbrett

Resident Expert.
Its not hard to detect the undertone when certain smilies are used, or when people 'assume' someone has failed to purchase a permit due to his nationality.

midge99

Originally posted by rsbrett

So anybody who goes night fishing is a poacher then

rsbrett

Resident Expert.
Originally posted by midge99

So anybody who goes night fishing is a poacher then

I think you had better read my second post [:)]

little_roach

Bazzer
Grow up and stop looking for an argument. I said "I assume if he bought his permit from a shop" ie for that stretch I did not say "I assume he had no permit". The lad lost his life and you aren't being clever trying to turn it into a "poaching" argument. Whenever I have bought permits EG Preston Centre I have always being given or offered a tide table. That and only that was my point. If you have an agenda put your name against it don't twist others posts.

Last edited:

rsbrett

Resident Expert.
Im not looking for an argument Mr Roach and I apologise if it looked that way. I took the posts as I read them [:)]

And after re-reading your post I admit I jumped the gun [:I]

DOUBLE RED

todays local paper reports of an angler drowning in the ribble.
the man ,of polish nationality,was swept away at 11pm. hhmmmmmm i wonder
BARRYBLOKE CAN YOU ACCOUNT FOR YOUR WHEREABOUTS ON THIS NIGHT???????[;)]

midge99

rsbrett I was typing my post as you posted yours so no I didn't read it before posting.

chubchaser

Read it here before.

Foriegn maybe not , but polish guy's at 11-0pm on a stretch fishermen dont fish, yep they are poacher's[:(]

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Originally posted by chubchaser
Foriegn maybe not , but polish guy's at 11-0pm on a stretch fishermen dont fish, yep they are poacher's[:(]

Why?

I fish a lot of areas other anglers don't fish mainly because they either don't think there are fish there or they just can not be bothered to fight their way through the undergrowth, bushes ect so does that make me a poacher?

ps: it actually says "rarley, if ever fished" it does not say never fished.

phil-k

I also saw on this on the news and I do a lot of wading myself and havn't fallen in yet.But its only a matter of time.

I will defo be investing in a life jacket soon and seen some nice ones;

http://shop.lifejackets.co.uk/acatalog/Lifejacket_Fishing_Angling_Lifejacket.html

G2LAndrew

Wandering Angler
Phil or anybody else who wades, if you are wearing waders and fall in turn your body so that you are floating down the river feet first as that way any obstructions will hit your feet not your head. Bring your legs up and slightly bend your knees, the waders will trap the air and as act as buoyancy. If wearing Wellingtons take them off, turn them upside down and force them down quickly into the water. This will trap air in the cavity of the boot, then place one under each arm.

chubchaser

Originally posted by Trogg

Originally posted by chubchaser

Why?

I fish a lot of areas other anglers don't fish mainly because they either don't think there are fish there or they just can not be bothered to fight their way through the undergrowth, bushes ect so does that make me a poacher?

ps: it actually says "rarley, if ever fished" it does not say never fished.
i was born and bred overlooking the stretch in question,people dont fish it for a reason,and accessability isnt one of them,it's very dangerous,soft mud flats,my guess is when the tide started coming in,his feet where stuck in the mud,panic set in then you dont think straight,take it from me trogg i dont think you would fish there[V]

Status
Not open for further replies.