Andy May

Total

Site Supporter
There was only a couple of brands big enough to cover a 6 figure salary with a large sponsorship deal. Preston Innovations have gained a true angling gent and a class angler. Their YouTube channel will go from strength to strength now. He will soon be holding a new X90 on a Carbon box fishing Sonubaits expanders!!
"6 figure salary?"....Highly unlikely.....Carbon boxes, not made anymore, will have to make make do with an Absolute 36....(y)

MunchMyStump

Site Supporter
Good for Andy I say. There is a niggle in the back of my mind though. Whilst at MAP he was the oooshhh master and banter bloke. Now at PI will this approach change?
I certainly hope not, but I fully expect the first few appearances to be towing the company line...

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Posted by Andy May.....

Wowsers, where to start! I've just got back from a days Winning Ways filming at Monkhall, and to say my phone has been a bit busy is putting it very mildly.....First off thanks sooo much for all of your messages of support and well wishes. I honestly am completely overwhelmed with the response I've had from all you lovely lot and I can't tell you how much I appreciate it 1f60d.png 1f60d.png
Next I would like to say a massive, great big huge thanks to MAP and Dynamite Baits for all the support you have given me over the years. I know I've got friends for life at both these fantastic companies and without a doubt we will stay in touch and most certainly be having a beer at the shows. 1f60d.png 1f37a.png 1f37a.png Both companies have helped my fishing immensely and I wouldn't be in the position I'm in now without the support of these two amazing companies, much love to MAP and Dynamite Baits 1f60d.png
And finally, I am really excited to see what the future holds with Preston Innovations and Sonubaits. Thanks so much for the opportunity to join your team and I can't wait to get started 1f60d.png 1f3a3.png 1f41f.png

trotting titan

I worry for MAP, I don’t know any of their other sponsored anglers, a poor website (basically an on line catalogue), not great social media presence (Andy May aside) and they seem to have had more problems than most with deliveries/spares etc. for example their revamped boxes were plugged on YouTube in March and actually appeared in the shops November.
I do really like my MAP box and their hybrid elastic but have discounted them for my next pole due to the spares availability stories.
Me too I have just spent alot of money on MAP poles and the aftercare simply isn't there. MAP want to be careful, they can easily lose a reputation Maver proved this a decade ago.the banks used to be green with Maver poles not now, Daiwa or MAP make the majority.

Andy if you read this good luck buddy, you're without doubt my favourite, keep doing your winning ways stuff and see you on the bank in the new year.

JLK

No doubting he a really nice chap but I hope the chuckle brother clowning about stops. Its dated and not funny at all.

brokenpole

I agree with George jones- I have noticed that he didn't seem to push the map products much-unlike ship and carress who are relentless pushing the preston stuff especially the stuff that's not selling.

Yosemite Sam

Site Supporter
Will old Des Shipp be taking more of a back seat do you think?
Des is a top bloke. I have known his brother for years from when we both rode MX, and his nephew. I’m told he has a job with Preston for life, and I don’t think you will get a much better all round angler. Des can fish all types of venue to a very high level.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
I can’t believe how much me and Andy have in common. He has a van and I have a van. 👍🤣

C’mon Chefster, turn off your Kenwood, throw your tackle in TBF MAP need a new superstar. 👍