Andy May

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
@rudd - Interesting that the Conferences (Ship Owning/Operating Companies) are being investigated. I don't know what it's like now, but by the late 80's early 90's there was no choice but to use a conference shipping line for some destinations. My ex boss set up a shipping line between Europe and Canada - Canstate Line, just after CAST had accepted by the Conference lines as a tolerated outsider. The Conference lines took no notice when they had one sailing a month, but as soon as they went to fornightly sailing pressure was brought to bear behind the scenes.

Anglingman

Mr Ginster
Site Supporter
The DHL profit report I saw yesterday was insane. Profiteering at its worse but they have us by the short and curlies at present.

We have used some chartered boats trying to plug gaps in the mainstream

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Better suspense and interest than the footie transfer season... wish Andy all the best... met him at Docklow on a few occasions... one of the nicest nutters on the circuit... top bloke...👍👍👍🍺🍺🍺

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
Better suspense and interest than the footie transfer season... wish Andy all the best... met him at Docklow on a few occasions... one of the nicest nutters on the circuit... top bloke...👍👍👍🍺🍺🍺
He fished the Lymm Junior matches when I ran them.
He was Good then.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Be interesting to see if there’s more active plugging of sonubaits on winning ways now they’re both with them. It’s a huge extra platform for the company to get extra exposure from after all.

Deejay8

Site Supporter
I'm glad he's going to Preston and Sonubaits. I like those brands. Preston have a fantastic line up of anglers. It also gives coverage of both of the companies flagship match brands on Winning Ways and they are both using Sonubaits, so that makes it easier to talk about bait on Winning Ways.
Good luck Andy.

Billy bonds

MAP Fishing have just announced on their Facebook page that Andy May is leaving the brand after over 10 years with them.
It will be interesting to see where Andy goes next as I can't imagine that one of the major brands won't snap him up, that's if they haven't already.

1642142873893.png
Hes joined preston innovations

Reedie

MAP Fishing have just announced on their Facebook page that Andy May is leaving the brand after over 10 years with them.
It will be interesting to see where Andy goes next as I can't imagine that one of the major brands won't snap him up, that's if they haven't already.

1642142873893.png
Just seen him in his new Preston clothing

Stanley

There was only a couple of brands big enough to cover a 6 figure salary with a large sponsorship deal. Preston Innovations have gained a true angling gent and a class angler. Their YouTube channel will go from strength to strength now. He will soon be holding a new X90 on a Carbon box fishing Sonubaits expanders!!