Andy May

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Proper football transfer saga feeling to this 😅

Will be shocked if it’s anyone but the matrix/Preston/Sonubaits stable but suppose guru/mainline/ringers is an outside bet just seems unlikely.

mike fox

'Just Me and the Fish'
Site Supporter
I think the following statement from Dynamite Baits pretty much rules that out Mike.........

"The 'Ooshmeister' was recently offered another opportunity with a tackle brand that he couldn't turn down and sadly that meant he reluctantly had to change his backing on the bait front, too."
Yes on the face of it but the wording could also mean he has been offered an opportunity with his own branded company. I'd have thought another company would have announced/leaked something was in the pipeline by now. I can't see any reason not to unless the deal is so big the contract entails a lot of dotting the I's and crossing the T's but I can't see that in an angling contract because the money is just not big enough. Does he have an agent??
Or it could be just my entrepreneurial mind overworking. :p

rudd

Site Supporter
Am not sure i agree,,,,,my company has just posted record turnover and profit yet we import around 50 containers per year. I understand the rates, they'll be with us until at least 2023 and probably beyond. We've won business simply because "stock is king" and have product when others don't. I agree you cannot sell at a loss therefore the whole end to end supply chain has to be joined up and ensure we are selling at the right price point. We've all heard the term "pent up demand".....key is maximising that. We've had examples of customers trying to effectively bid for product over and above price list becasue they simply cannot obtain it anywhere else.
Container lines / Alliance are currently under investigation by multiple Governments around the world for price fixing.
Covid, fuel costs, going green, wages, crew/staff/driver shortages, interest rates are all playing their part yet all the major players, liners, freight forwarders, hauliers, brokers are reporting record profits.
Costs will only rise as more green energy costs, infrastructure costs, border tightening and bunkerage costs rise.
Gone are cheap manufacturing costs, cheap freight and cheap energy.
It will not be long until the likes of Amazon run full shipping services for their vendors - this may bring freight charges down as carriers look to fill those slots.