Andy May

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
MAP Fishing have just announced on their Facebook page that Andy May is leaving the brand after over 10 years with them.
It will be interesting to see where Andy goes next as I can't imagine that one of the major brands won't snap him up, that's if they haven't already.

1642142873893.png

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Joining Jamie at matrix maybe? As you say there will be a line of brands after him if he isn’t signed up already although I’d presume he is. Guess map probably sit just outside of the main coarse only brands so I’d guess he’d be going to one of the leading ones.

pies

Site Supporter
Has he decided to leave orwas hw adked to leave, if its the latter MAP have nade a mistake .IMHO.
Saw more of him on social media than rest of there sponsored anglers combined

chris1967

Site Supporter
Has he decided to leave orwas hw adked to leave, if its the latter MAP have nade a mistake .IMHO.
Other than him . I couldn’t name another map angler
He’ll do well where ever he goes

George Jones

But how often was he pushing MAP products? Apart from the clothing. I can't remember the last MAP video he did.
Andy does more coaching and less matches than any of the top lads. Also he is involved with a few video producers, not just Winning Ways.

OldTaff

Site Supporter
If I were MAP I’d be gutted - Andy is a massive angling presence online plus he is funny, informative and very positive. I understand his coaching sessions are brilliant too.

He may well have gone to join his YouTube partner in crime Jamie Hughes over at Matrix

84fisherman

Andy HLAC
Account Locked
You all just speculating and assuming. There's no info online anywhere that I can see in regards to Andy May joining any other company.

OldTaff

Site Supporter
If MAP have said he’s leaving them then it’s nigh on impossible he’s not going to someone else

84fisherman

Andy HLAC
Account Locked
If MAP have said he’s leaving them then it’s nigh on impossible he’s not going to someone else
Why? Maybe his contract is up, or maybe he's done with been an advertiser but assumptions are the mother of all screw ups. Isn't guaranteed he's gone somewhere else.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
You all just speculating and assuming. There's no info online anywhere that I can see in regards to Andy May joining any other company.
It’s incredibly unlikely that he hasn’t or isn’t joining someone else. Theres very few top match angling personalities about that don’t have some form of sponsorship. Well suppose he still has dynamite but still would expect a tackle sponsor as well.

84fisherman

Andy HLAC
Account Locked
It’s incredibly unlikely that he hasn’t or isn’t joining someone else. Theres very few top match angling personalities about that don’t have some form of sponsorship. Well suppose he still has dynamite but still would expect a tackle sponsor as well.
If he does I assume next few months will see a change of clothing and tackle lol.

Paul Cresswell

Site Supporter
I worry for MAP, I don’t know any of their other sponsored anglers, a poor website (basically an on line catalogue), not great social media presence (Andy May aside) and they seem to have had more problems than most with deliveries/spares etc. for example their revamped boxes were plugged on YouTube in March and actually appeared in the shops November.
I do really like my MAP box and their hybrid elastic but have discounted them for my next pole due to the spares availability stories.

Whisker

Site Supporter

Why? Maybe his contract is up, or maybe he's done with been an advertiser but assumptions are the mother of all screw ups. Isn't guaranteed he's gone somewhere else.
If you can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em.

If he does I assume next few months will see a change of clothing and tackle lol.

StuH

Site Supporter
I asked him last September when will he be going to Matrix and he said no chance, he's far too happy at MAP and has turned down many offers.

As an aside, I purchased the MAP lay flat carryall last year and it literally fell apart after one session. Got it replaced and the replacement did exactly the same, except this time within minutes of starting to use it. Really put me off.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I always regarded MAP quite highly despite not owning any of their stuff since the 90s. Doesn't make much difference to me who they sponsor, not as much as general online presence and product range and availability anyway, but I wish all parties the best.

JLK

I worry for MAP, I don’t know any of their other sponsored anglers, a poor website (basically an on line catalogue), not great social media presence (Andy May aside) and they seem to have had more problems than most with deliveries/spares etc. for example their revamped boxes were plugged on YouTube in March and actually appeared in the shops November.
I do really like my MAP box and their hybrid elastic but have discounted them for my next pole due to the spares availability stories.
I don't worry a jot about them tbh.
Why would you?

If they made products that I want, I'll buy them. Same goes for any of the manufacturers.
I actually find all the bullshit write ups you see posted every week boring as hell but that's what you have to do to appease your sponsors.

Anyway. If you have a good product you don't need some decent angler trying to sell it. It will sell itself and map have declined in decent product as of late.