Android music app, WMA to MP3

TrickyD

Site Supporter
Do any techy guys out there know if there is an app for Android which will convert tracks from WMA to MP3 automatically as you transfer/download ? Transferred all the files from windows media player to my phone, and only MP3 tracks are supported (which was 2 albums out of 100 +) Or, failing that, a music app which will play WMA tracks on Android ?

pauln

Dreadexit
Site Supporter
Foobar2000 may be able to play WMA with no DRM. On a PC I think you can batch convert.
Personally if I have format shifted I have gone to wav then to mp3 ( old school Razorlame front end )
I know that does not answer your question.

Philocalist

VLC Media Player will play nigh-on any media file (including WMA files - I just checked :) ) I've got it as the default player on the PC, where its been for years, and I've also got it as a (free) app on Android. Just checked WMA files on the PC and they play without problem - I've no WMA files on the phone, to check specifically on there, but would be very, very surprised if they would not - I literally cannot remember the last time I came a cross a media file of any type that VLC can't handle well.