And so the nagging begins. Sound familiar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beebs

As most of you already know (as I have pointed out quite a bit) I started fishing again after a long time away. When I told my Girlfriend, she was fully supportive - "It's good that you have a hobby that you enjoy." It's nice that you get out in the open air." "It's great that you can sleep for all that time after a session. Makes you feel really relaxed."

Last week the tide started to turn. I left the house at 4am with no watch and I forgot my mobile so I had no idea of the time. I hadn't told her where I was going because I didn't make my mind up until I got up. I returned to the car after quite a session to see her figure in the distance. Hhhmmmm? A bit strange, she doesn't come to meet me, usually.
Me - "You ok, darling?"
Her - "No."
Me - "What's up?"
Her - "Do you know what the time is?"
Me - "No, you know I don't own a watch and I left my phone at your place."
Her - "It's quarter to nine. I've been worrid sick. I went to the other lake and didn't see your car so I came here. When I couldn't see you I thought you'd been beaten up or something."
Me - "Poo."

Now I'm 6'1 and 16 stone, so people don't tend to randomly beat me up, but who am I to argue with a woman's mentality?

Saturday - Left at 3.30am but took my phone with me so she wouldn't worry. Sent her a couple of texts to let her know I was ok.
Had a great session and got home about 10pm.

Me - "Hi babe, had a great session today!"icon_smile_big.gif
Her - "I thought you'd be home earlier than this."icon_smile_angry.gif
Me - "What's the problem, you know where I've been, You know I'm ok."
Her - "But you're usually homme about 6."
Me - "I've only been fishing again for 4 weeks, there's no pattern to what I 'usually' do. In any case, I've been fishing later and later into the evenings, so you must have known I'd be home after sundown."
Her - "I just thought you'd have been home earlier."
Me - "Have you got the hump?"
Her - "No." (Meaning yes)
Me - "I think I'd better go home."
Her - "Ok." cursing.gif

I go home, and return the next day to find out that she had made my tea and then fed it to the cat.

Me - "Well how am I supposed to know you've made food? If I had known, I would have come home earlier."
Her - "I just expected you to be home about 6."
Me - "Well you knew I had my phone, why didn't you call me?"
Her - "I didn't like to in case you got the arse."
Me - "Why would I get the arse?"
Her - "I don't know."
Me - "I wouldn't have got the arse at all."
Her - "Well do you think I'm in the wrong?"
Me - "Do you think I'm in the wrong?"
Her - "Yes. You should have come home earlier."
Me - "I think you're in the wrong, if I don't know you've made food and you could have rung at any time, you've not really got much right to be in a mood. In any case I had presumed you might have wanted a night in and the flat to yourself, since I woke you up at 3.30am"
Her - "So we both think each other is in the wrong?"
Me - "Looks like."

We agreed to disagree. I am now banned from sleeping at her flat on Fridays before a Saturday session do to me being like an overexcited kid.

Does this sound familiar??? hanged.gif DJ.gif

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Oh yes indeedy icon_smile_big.gif

After a while Fishing becomes the 'Other Woman' in 'er eyes. Not because they don't trust you, but because you are spending time away from her when you could be spending the time with.
It's harder when they don't understand the enjoyment and pleasure that we get from it. You do realise that you are not allowed to enjoy yourself away from her company - don't you?

As time goes on and you get more involved (with fishing icon_smile.gif), the 'Other Woman' becomes even more of an issue until it gets to break point. That is when they give up because they know they can't win.

One way around it is to take her with you, make sure the forecast is for bad weather later, fish a known 'empty hole' and make the day thoroughy boring but look as though you are realy enjoying it.

When you get home she'll then begin to question your sanity especially if you talk non-stop about it in the car all the way.

Then the next time you go, without asking, pack her some sarnies and a flask as well, make out as though she is coming with you all along "But love you always come fishing with me icon_smile_shy.gif" and then when she insists that she's not coming, turn it around "But why <puppy dog look required> ?", "Oh but love <look of dismay at this point>, it won't be the same without you",

At this point there is the inherant danger that she might decide to come, don't panic she'll change her mind at 3.00am, lol.

And then finally using extra forlorn puppy dog look, "Oh alright then, I'll go by myself, see you when I get home <add pet name here>"

"In every real man there is a boy waiting to play" - Freidrich Niestche

Dave

Beebs

It wouldn't be so bad, but she works Saturdays and it's my day off, so I like to spend it doing what I enjoy. I see it as another day in work for her, so I spend my day off fishing. I don't tell her what to do on her days off.

This isn't a 'real' moan and we had a bit of a laugh about it in the end, it just seemed to by a text book "Men don't understand women and women don't understand men." scenario. No winners, both losers.

I did take her fishing the first day I went. She got bored and went home, even though I was catching fish. We've now agreed that on Saturdays, it is assumed I'll be home late and if I'm home early, then that's a bonus (unlikely).

This week, I shall be fishing this evening, tomorrow evening, thursday evening, all afternoon and night Friday and all day Saturday. BLISS.

I have recently taken delivery of my new Shimano rods and reels and am in tackle heaven at the moment. I suppose I'll keep the other half sweet and buy her a new kettle or something.

scouse

'River Man'
hi beebs
been married 32years
if she doe,snt understand by now she never will
LOL

dave
scouse

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
The only moaning i get from Dee about my fishing trips comes in the form of......

Its unfair , i can't come with you now cos of the B'lanna & the fact when you ain't working my mum & your mum are.

So all her tackle just sits in the shed waiting for her to use it again.

Alan

norm

beebs stop right there

i would forget about bying her a kettle

.she would prob put it up your butt and the fishing gear would soon follow

i icon_smile_big.gifwhen i read what you would buy her and showed my wife your post

(you should have seen the face she pulled when she read the kettle bit)icon_smile_shock.gif

i would buy her a iron insteadicon_smile_clown.gif

see ya later

norm

it isn`t the size of the tiddler that counts

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Dangerous ground here!!!!!!
I hope nobody looks over your shoulder while you are reading this topic icon_smile_dissapprove.gificon_smile_dead.gificon_smile_angry.gificon_smile_blackeye.gif

Peter.

Make Friends,Go Maggotdrowning.

MALC

Can't see a problem with the Kettle or anything simular.

Last year i got Julie a new saucepan set for her Birthday and she was very happy.......NOT

But the best present i got for her birthday was a SPUD MASHER (cause she could not do mash to save her life)
THAT ONE DID NOT GO DOWN WELL
But at least she now does me nice mash.

This Xmas she told me that she realy wanted a nice new watch so i found a 1.99 M&M one that you also got 2 packets of M&M sweets with and the kids got to eat the sweets as a bonus.
Strange though thinking about it i've not seen her wear it,
I'm now going to find out what she's done with it.

No Beebs you stick with a usefull little gift for around the house i always do (she'll get used to it in the end) and it's cheaper.

And give's you more money to spend on FISHING

Malc
Fish with Friends @ MaggotDrowning.com

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
quote:

i would buy her a iron insteadicon_smile_clown.gif

see ya later

norm

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO dodgy one there mate....

remember little moe & trevor from eastenders!!!!!!! icon_smile_big.gif

I always buy Dian fishing tackle icon_smile.gif

Alan

Edited by - Trogg on 25 June 2002 12:38:47 AM

Beebs

I have already bought her a washing machine and she does do my washing (fair play). I have already bought her the kettle as well (it was that sexy Siemens one designed by Porsche (to keep her sweet over many overseas business trips)). The trouble is, they sent her the catalogue of the rest of the range and she's set her eyes on the matching blender and toaster and the stuff in there is like a hundred quid a pop, which is a beautiful new rod, reel or part payment on a new pole.
I would rather she had a dishwasher but there's no room to put it unless we kick out the cat. She already has a decent iron which she doesn't really use much, and I don't believe in ironing anyway, I reckon the creases'll fall out if you wear stuff for an hour or so.
She's got enough perfume to keep a wino happy for the rest of his life. About 80 pairs of shoes and a wardrobe full of clothes that hardly ever gets worn "Because I've put on 14 grammes since I bought them and now there like 5 sizes too small".

No, I think the solution is to buy her a feather duster (won't hurt too much if she hits me with it) and myself a pair of ear plugs and a crash helmet, so I can't hear her nagging and can't feel it when she's throwing plates at my head.icon_smile_blackeye.gificon_smile_blackeye.gificon_smile_blackeye.gif

Norm - if you're wife's not impressed by buying her a kettle, then you've been spoiling her.

Malc - send me some of your missus' mash if it's that good.

Trogg - like the fishing tackle idea, although if I got her a couple of baitrunners and a few pints of maggots, I feel I would need surgery on a place where I REALLY don't want surgery to have them removed. And if the've been there, I would never use them again

Newt

'Lures Rule!!'
Beebs - you might want to play her a song the is popular with us rural types over here right now.

Seems this fella had a lady friend who got tired of him fishing so much and laid down the law, "either the fishing goes away or I do".

The chorus starts out "And I'm really gonna miss her". Goes on to say "The sun is shining, the fish are biting, and the world is wonderful. But tonight when I get home and she is gone, I'm really gonna miss her. I just know I'm gonna miss her."

icon_smile_big.gificon_smile_big.gif

Newt Vail

G

beebs you wimp show her who's the boss

i'm going to bait up
Andy

G

phew that was a close one,, my mrs nearly saw what i saidicon_smile_sad.gificon_smile_sad.gif she'd have killed me,
The boss in our house,, erm, better ask the mrs, the daughter and the grand-daughter, me i come last..

Beebs a question?? where is your PC,, do you get nagged for being on it??? cos i do...

Just joking on my last post mateicon_smile_blackeye.gificon_smile_blackeye.gificon_smile_blackeye.gificon_smile_blackeye.gif

i'm going to bait up
Andy

Del-J

' Victor '
quote:

Just joking on my last post mateicon_smile_blackeye.gificon_smile_blackeye.gificon_smile_blackeye.gificon_smile_blackeye.gif

Andy

Andy thats not what you told me mate.

Del.

Not fishing? Then talk to your friends on MDs.

Beebs

quote:
Beebs a question?? where is your PC,, do you get nagged for being on it??? cos i do...

I have an odd set up. I practically live at my girlfriend's flat, but rent a bedsit. The pc is there, along with my fishing tackle. I have a pc at my desk in work where I send all my stuff in from (I know I should be working!), so I hardly ever use my pc at home due to getting my fill during work.

I did show her who's boss once, but she's a purple belt in karate, just about to try for her brown belt. When I finally came around I apologised profusely and washed the dishes for a month.

G

icon_smile_blackeye.gificon_smile_blackeye.gificon_smile_blackeye.gificon_smile_blackeye.gifbeebs this is what a heavy fry pan does to youe eye{LoL}thats what happens to me when i stand up for myself against my mrsicon_smile_wink.gificon_smile_wink.gif...

Your original post,, well mate i do get some earache, but most of the time my mrs is as good as gold, she used to ask me WHAT TIME WILL YOU BE IN,, dont know,, if i'm getting fish i'll be late.No fish i'll be early. On the latter,, one more cast,, just another cast, oh s*d just another, was i early,, erm,,,, no.
Now she just see's me when i come in..
BTW welcome back to fishing mate

i'm going to bait up
Andy

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
I have to be one of the lucky ones. If it is a nice day Margaret asks me if I want to go fishing. Never complains if I am late back.

What has always bothered me is the fact that when I look back at the kitchen window she has placed a packet of OMO in there. I don't know why she buys that because we normally use tablets.

Geoff

RSSG member - are you?
Clean Banks Campaign member

teepee

12/04/02 - 10/01/19
In Memoriam
LoL Geoff.
quote:I don't know why she buys that because we normally use tablets.

I dont think a bottle of aspirin in the window would have the same effect somehow!

teepee.

Simon R

Site Supporter
My wife gave me an ultimatum "its me or the fishing"

I've been divorced nearly ten years now!! icon_smile_big.gif

Get plenty of fishing in though!

Simon

Beebs

quote:
I have to be one of the lucky ones. If it is a nice day Margaret asks me if I want to go fishing. Never complains if I am late back.

Suspicious???icon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gif
PS, did you hang your England flag out of the window of your house in Morriston during the World Cup?
As a pledge to my adopted country, I shall be buying a woolly England hat for my forthcoming night sessions, but still keep my Welsh one for my visits home.

Quote "My wife gave me an ultimatum "its me or the fishing"

I've been divorced nearly ten years now!!

Get plenty of fishing in though!"

CLASSIC!!!!!

Also, MALC - I'm still waiting for some mash.

icon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.