And now for something positive about covid19

Maverick

Site Supporter
Firstly let me disclose my age 66yrs young. It is significant for reasons I shall explain. My beautiful little Grandauhter Amelia is now 6 yrs old and like all other children out there she has been off school. She is an only child who lives wih her mummy, her nan & grandad (me) and my son.

I have had the huge pleasure of seeing her every day of those 6 yrs (apart from a 5 day holiday she had last year) to watch her grow and develop new skills and knowledge brings joy that only a parent/grandparent can ever understand.

During the lockdown, like many other families out there, we have spent every day (weather permitting) taking her out of our back gate to enjoy the gorgeous feilds and open spaces we have available right on our doorstep.

My Son, who has been absolutely brilliant with her and has far more energy than my self has been a Godsend, even coming home from work and taking her out for an hour or two with myself and my Daughter.

She's learned to climb over 5 bar gates, play football, ride her electric scooter, explore and jump over the brook and I even took the stabalisers off her bike and welled up with pride as I watched her nail it first time and ride off into the sunset, with me puffing along behind her shouting get back here :p

I swear to God I had a lump on my throat and was fighting back the tears as my heart burst with pride. I am so proud of my family and how we have all coped together during lockdown. Its great to be back fishing again and things will improve and we all look forward to life returning to some sort of normality.

I have seen so many other families out there doing similar things with their kids, and seen more bikes than I've caught fish over the years and I've had a few :p
Folk that would never previosly have done these sort of things are spending more time outdoors with their kids and it's great to see.

For many who have lost loved ones its a completely different story of course and our hearts and thoughts go out to them. One day in the future they will make films about all this. Any suggestions for a title? Maybe the year the earth stood still?

Stay safe everyone, its not over yet, but focus on the positives and above all cherish your family because at the end of the day, does anything else really matter? (y)

BTMS

Site Supporter
Absolutely brilliant. Thank you for sharing some brilliant moments:love:

62tucker

Site Supporter
I See whole familys out for walks
never used to see that. 🤞. Hopefully one thing we will see after this is. Family time is a precious time.

Dusty

Site Supporter
I See whole familys out for walks
never used to see that. 🤞. Hopefully one thing we will see after this is. Family time is a precious time.

Thought the same thing recently whilst out on a bike ride, can’t remember the last time I saw so many kids playing in the woods or out with family. Wonder how long it will last.