An outside chance

rudd

Site Supporter
Cast your mind back to pictures of streets being disinfected a month ago in China.
Why if the virus has a short shelf life outside of a host and cannot survive?
Been advised line of thought is that an infected person can cough in street and droplets can survive for hours on multiple surfaces.
Bins, cars, gates, handles - even the path.

Scarey isnt it 😷

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Did read somewhere it might be around 6 hours that it can last on a surface conditions dependant.

Silver fan 82

Worrying stuff, especially when you still see people spitting in the street (which is a pet hate of mine) despite all this going on.

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
How do you work that out UKz?
On a football pitch the chances are everyone will do it,it is accepted practice and it is only affecting a small number of people. (and at the moment there is no football anyway)
Spitting on the streets can be done by numerous people with a large percentage being unhealthy and carrying a disease of some kind.
It is not the same.

You seem to have a real issue with football mate and if it's not affecting you then let it go :D

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
It still carries the same risks.
I agree uk but when you exercise in the open aggressively it's very hard not to spit especially running around in the open air look at athletes running footballers rugby players ect it is a nasty habit but sometimes I think unavoidable when playing certain sports. Oops gone off topic back to it I think no one can say for certain how long the bacteria can last outside the host I would think temperature and permeability of the surface would make a big difference

G0zzer2

Site Supporter
When I was a boy it was illegal to spit in a public place - and I believe it may still be so. It was TB, then, that was the worry of course.

G0zzer2

Site Supporter
But TB was rife when I was a boy - and that was definitely spread by spitting. The one thing every 'expert' seems to be agreed on is that this virus is not spread through the air, but by droplets emanating from moth or nose, and spread by coughing or by a person getting it on their hands from another person, or from where it has been deposited, and touching their face and breathing in the droplets (I think I have that correct). Why do you not agree?

breadflake

Site Supporter
Not sure if it is just a local thing but to "Gozz" means spitting around here

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
"But TB was rife when I was a boy "
So was the Black death yer old bugger :)
I was joking around your TB comment Mac :) (poorly it seems)

Gozz is a term around the West Mids as well Breadflake

Godber

Priapism! ladies?
Site Supporter
I got this through today, just 1 in a long list of this sort of thing. All very disturbing, the scale of it is eye opening. I don't know if its recent or if its all to do with covid-19 but it's quite disturbing. Caution, not for young uns and sweary words.

Attachments

• 2023227f1f5e1f82fef41834cf5290b2.0.mp4
    39.4 MB · Views: 30
Last edited:

Chervil

Site Supporter
I got this through today, just 1 in a long list of this sort of thing. All very disturbing, the scale of it is eye opening. I don't know if its recent or if its all to do with covid-19 but it's quite disturbing. Caution, not for young uns and sweary words.
Godber, Interesting videos, although, as you say, without any real context of time.

The chaps walking along seem to be using something similar to "Swing Fog", which we used to use in Belize to keep the mossies down. Well we didn't one of the locals did, without any PPE!

The vehicles at the beginning appear to be something along the same lines as the TMS-65 the Russians used/use. Basically a jet engine on a tank used to decontaminate vehicles in a CBRN situation.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
FFS, I know life is cheap in China but this is scandelous..

1585418151866.png