An evening on the Wharfe

Tenacious Sloth

Site Supporter
The Wharfe is a beautiful river.

Watching your video makes me want to don my chest waders and get czech nymphing for the grayling.

Tight lines.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Thought we’d just had some rain ? 😳. I thought it would be carrying a bit to be honest. 🙄. Not sure of a Barbel but, you may snag a chub. Good luck.

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
Looks a lovely stretch that. (y)

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
If anything its low and very clear.
No signs of activity yet apart from a Woodie clipping my line with its wing 😀

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
No chance of a flattie here.
Just seen an Owl fly past though, a big brown one

Fugley-fisher

Fishing the stour dorset, most probably!
Site Supporter
I just thought waggler across spray some hemp, caster/maggot, see what appears. I've no idea about snags ect but looks good.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
It was the stretch just down from Linton bridge at Collingham.
The near side is shallow but there is a deep glide down the far side which has been known to hold one or two Barbel in the past, however not tonight.
With the water being low I fished the bottom end of this length where it's about 3ft deep at most but shallowing up to the rapids. It looked a good holding spot, plenty of small stuff breaking the surface but no flashes or signs of bigger fish.

9:00pm the light faded rapidly so it was time to call it a day (or an evening ;)), a couple of hours none the less on the bank, nice and relaxing

....until next time ;)

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
A hell of a lot lower than I thought it would be. Don’t know why but, I thought you may have snagged a nomadic chub. 🤷‍♂️

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I didn't take any worms with me, just meat on one rod with a few freebies on PVA stringers, and boilie on the other rod with pellets soaked in the same flavour as the boilie trapped in a Korum grub feeder, basically to provide a scent trail without feeding.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
I didn't take any worms with me, just meat on one rod with a few freebies on PVA stringers, and boilie on the other rod with pellets soaked in the same flavour as the boilie trapped in a Korum grub feeder, basically to provide a scent trail without feeding.
You brought them home and drying them out for next time aren't you. 🤣

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I've frozen them - washed out pellets, it's the future ;)